• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Making a website

Asel.mike

Professional nerd
Hey guys,
I've been wondering for a good long time about making a website. It would be mostly to share woodworking projects and plans that I personally design and build. I do some small time carpentry and it would be neat to have a website on my business card for customers to go to and view previous jobs.
I have absolutely NO idea where to start and I would appreciate any help I can get. I did find This article about the topic, and wondered if it was sending me in the right direction. Any and all input would be really helpful.
Thanks guys!

You could do a blog so you could post things as you build them etc. many businesses have them. Check out blogger.com

Hi Mike, I would live to help you with a website! I've helped a member design his wine blog and I think it turned out pretty well.

PM sent!

-Jimmy

Jimmy will get you pointed in the right direction. If you decide to go with Wordpress, I have a number of themes you could use. See them at studiopress.com.

Wordpress is the way to go for sure and definitely go with a studiopress theme. I'll help you set it up as well if you have not been taken care of already. I've done a few for family and their small business. parkcitywindowcleaning.com interiordesignparkcity.com etc etc. Pretty easy to set up.

Yeah, I told him WP is easy breazy and linked him to some nice themes.

Glad to see everyone's on the same page! :D

I have both wordpress and joomla experience. If you still need help, let me know. CP runs on Joomla.