• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mall of America

Bu11dog

Anything I should absolutely see? Clearly smoking nazis have taken over here in MN, I don't foresee a smoke up here.

The best thing about the MOA is the original home plate spot from Met Stadium and the chair on the wall commemorating Killer's long HR hit there. Those are in the amusement park.

If you've got kids the aquarium is cool, other than that, it's just a BIG ASS mall and a sight unto itself.

I went there in April, rode all the rides in the park and went to a few of the stores, but it really just is a big boring mall. Other than picking up some cheap Wild stuff, it was just another mall to me.

I don't want to be the grouchy local but...

My feelings about the MOA are similar to my feelings about the Vegas Strip. I can't really tell anyone who hasn't walked a few blocks of the Strip not to do it - they've heard about it forever, it has such mystique, it's so bright! They just have to get out there and see it for themselves. Hey, what the hell. I always go for the stroll, partly to see the disillusionment fog their eyes :p
I'll tell you this much: at the close of each and every one of those promenades down the Strip with someone who has never seen it, rather than walking back we've ALWAYS ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel. It's just not worth the return trek ;)

As for the MOA, well; it's just a mall. A big one to be sure but still...just a mall. For me, the best part is always the exit.

- Tim

I agree with Alan. Home plate and the seat up on the wall are the best part.

That and the Legoland area.

My almost 6 yr old daughter loves Underwater World. We've been taking her there for her birthday every year since she turned 3. It's a bit pricey but look online for some discount coupons. Google it. Be prepared for the gift shop though. I get taken for a ride in there every year. $15 for a stuffed dolphin that's no bigger than a mouse?! I guess it's your birthday honey so ok.

Then we do lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. She likes the fish tanks.

Other than that, I avoid the MOA like the plague. It's worthless as a shopping mall because if you actually need to buy something, you're probably on the wrong end of the mall from where that store is. Never fails.

But, yes, you should definitely stop by and see it. Then you can say you saw it.

Bill

There's a place there that sells crepes. Crepes with strawberries and cream, ham and cheese, all that shit. That place is cool.

As stated, its just a big ass mall. Oakley store is cool as we don't have one in NE. No place or chance for a cigar though :(