• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Margaritta

evilphish

Being a fledgling parrot-head i am currently on the quest for some good margaritta recipies. i've tried a lot of diffrent mixes and they just aren't the same.

anybody have any good ones?

Your quest should begin here in Key West where there are a dozen local variations.

-Nothing cheaper than Cuervo 1800
-Cointreau (sp?)
-Good rum
-A splash of cheap beer

-Two cans of frozen limeade
-Powdered sugar
-Ice

I mix up a bunch of the above, blend it, and then generally add further sugar and tequila to taste. The rum is the secret for me.

There's nothing I despise more than restaurant or bar made 'ritas. I've yet to have one that was strong enough or flavorful enough for my liking.

Tony Bones said:
-Nothing cheaper than Cuervo 1800
-Cointreau (sp?)
-Good rum
-A splash of cheap beer

-Two cans of frozen limeade
-Powdered sugar
-Ice

I mix up a bunch of the above, blend it, and then generally add further sugar and tequila to taste. The rum is the secret for me.

There's nothing I despise more than restaurant or bar made 'ritas. I've yet to have one that was strong enough or flavorful enough for my liking.
Ewww, can't stand Cuervo. But I am finding that I actually like Patron Anejo.

Emo

Being from Texas, we have many recipe's, but the best is still the most simple.
Start with the Mexican lime, commonly referred to as the Key Lime, squeeze some juice, and use these ingredients:
Ice
Lime Juice
Good Anejo Tequila
Grand Marnier, the Centernaire is the best(although very expensive)
and salt for the rim.

You'll find the right amounts for your tastes, but I wouldn't stray too far from the original recipe. Happy Drinking. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Margaritta? Ain't that one of them wimmin's drinks they made up to sell more cactus juice? :p :p :0 :0 :0

there is a place in good old st. joe MI that makes a damn good one.