• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Marine PSA

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
"It is now directed that Marines, present and who have served honorably, who are not in formation or part of an actual ceremony, or marching in a parade or review, who when they hear the playing of the Marines Hymn will stand at attention, face the music and sing the words to the Hymn," the updated drill and ceremonies manual will read, according to Marine Corps Times.

"It is now directed that Marines, present and who have served honorably, who are not in formation or part of an actual ceremony, or marching in a parade or review, who when they hear the playing of the Marines Hymn will stand at attention, face the music and sing the words to the Hymn," the updated drill and ceremonies manual will read, according to Marine Corps Times.
And prior to that, you didn’t do that?

And prior to that, you didn’t do that?

No not really. What this is saying is that if you are standing on the sidewalk during a parade and the band marching by just happens to start to play the Marines Hymn you have to start singing until.....? You can't hear them or you sang the whole hymn? That is different then when you and the music are in the same space not moving like a game or celebration. Then I would and do sing. How do you approach it?

Just an aside. No one and I mean no one, throws a parade or review like The Marines. If you're a former Jarhead, you can't help but sing.

Doc

Reactions: AVB
Just an aside. No one and I mean no one, throws a parade or review like The Marines. If you're a former Jarhead, you can't help but sing.

Doc
That was along the lines of my thinking. Esprit de Corps. I just figured that all Marines sing when the Hymn is played.