• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Fishin345

Hey Guys! I'm looking for a good recipe preferably a homemade version for mashed sweet potatoes. I'm planning on doing something different this Thanksgiving, (First holiday I've had off in a while) any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Joe

yea i know that but i want something with someone elses spin on it..maybe one of grandmas secret recipe that kind of stuff...but thank you for replieing.

OK then the Food Network.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tony, you're killing me!!!

Hey Fishin, just check out the Food Network or Food Channel or Food Central... Or search Google, or search Yahoo, or search AskJeeves.com, or search...

PS- Did I win?!?! :sign:

My mother used to do a mashed sweet potato with pecan pie topping . . . I made her stop. :laugh:

See, I came down here in '96 after finishing college, and having been at the opposite ends of the country with few visits home for a couple decades, and that first Thanksgiving, I was really, really looking forward to reliving my childhood.

But all the food was different. ???

Now she's gone back to the old traditional pineapple chunks and marshmallow topping sweet potatoes, just for me. Mom's pretty good about things like that!

~Boar

I always sweeten mine by taste with some maple syrup, pecans, a little butter and pecans. Oh yeah, and a nice splash of bourbon. The little marshmallow things on top does nothing for me. I just top with another splash of bourbon. And, you can always leave out the pecans if you don't like them and substitute with bourbon. Then again, you could just drink the bourbon and say the hell with the potatoes :)

Sounds good guys....Bourbon Different but will work for me......thanks abunch

My S-I-L used to make a sweet potato dish that had cinnamon and brown sugar with a crispy corn flake topping that was just to die for.

We haven't had it in years.

Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes:

Preheat oven to 450

5 1/2 Lb sweet potato, scrubbed and pricked with a fork
1 Tablespoon minced chipotle chilies in adobo, mashed to a paste (1 to 2 chilies.....unless you're hankering for a smack down then go with 3 to 4)
3 Tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces and softened
1 teaspoon salt

Line a baking sheet with foil and place the sweet potatoes on the sheet in the middle rack position. Bake until very soft, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Remove from oven and cool down. Reduce oven temp to 350.

Butter a 2 quart shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.

When cool enough, halve the potatoes and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Beat the potatoes, chili paste, butter and salt (to taste) with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth then spread in the baking dish.

Bake the potatoes until hot, 20-25 minutes.

This is the BOMB! First time I mad this I kind of made it too hot!

Thanks alot guys now i need to choose ill probally wind up making 2 different ones bc that chipolte one sounds good