• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Matusalem 15

servebig

Let me tell you my BOTL...this is it...get some. Down in the bahamas for another week and im gonna be tryin a few more rums, but i cant imagine anything being better than this! i mean i dont think havana club really has anything on it, and i can get it for 16 a bottle...im gonna try and bring a case home. hope the customs boys are looking the other way.

anyway, at some point i'm gonna go to greycliff and will post a thread on my experiences there.

later mon :cool:

barney

Got a bottle in the cabinet. Good stuff but I still think Ron Zacapa is the best but this is in the top 5 for me.

If you have Cuban Matusalem 15 you are in the minority, as it is VERY hard to come by. It is worth a small fortune.... now, if you have the Matusalem 15 made in the way of the Cubans, but not on the island... well, not the best, IMHO.

AVB said:
Got a bottle in the cabinet. Good stuff but I still think Ron Zacapa is the best but this is in the top 5 for me.
[snapback]152722[/snapback]​

you know...we had lunch at greycliff today (gonna write on the topic) and had 23 year old Ron Zacapa...$24/per. totaly different flavor profile. it really tastes scotchlike...very smooth, but i like the matusalem cuz its sweeter...but thats just me. i have been looking furiously for havana club, but it cant be found anywhere....in fact greycliff had some, but some gut bought it all the day before we got there....what a pig :angry2:

barney

servebig said:
AVB said:
Got a bottle in the cabinet.  Good stuff but I still think Ron Zacapa is the best but this is in the top 5 for me.
[snapback]152722[/snapback]​

you know...we had lunch at greycliff today (gonna write on the topic) and had 23 year old Ron Zacapa...$24/per. totaly different flavor profile. it really tastes scotchlike...very smooth, but i like the matusalem cuz its sweeter...but thats just me. i have been looking furiously for havana club, but it cant be found anywhere....in fact greycliff had some, but some gut bought it all the day before we got there....what a pig :angry2:

barney
[snapback]153172[/snapback]​
Wow, sweeter than Zacapa is really sweet. I though Zacapa was the sweetest I have tried.
I have people that aren't rum drinkers tell me they think Zacapa is like Brandy. Never heard it compared to Scotch. I could see maybe an anejo being compared to scotch.

Emo