• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maxx by Alec Bradley?

BailBonds

Does anyone have anything to tell about the Maxx cigars, by Alec Bradley?
I came across them on a website..looking at some full bodied smokes. I immediately came here and searched..didn't find a review. All I could find is what it says about them on the site, but can anyone share their own personal opionion of these?
To me, it sounds halfway good.. but ya never know.

Here's what it says:
"(Honduras)
Strength: Full
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Filler: Colombian, Nicaraguan, Mexican, Honduran
Binder: Costa Rican

A “maximum smoke” in every sense of the word, and one of the most talked-about cigars at last year’s RTDA. Handcrafted under the direction of Nestor Plasencia in Honduras, MAXX is a muscular mix of Colombian, Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Mexican Ligero & Viso long-filler tobaccos bound in a zesty Costa Rican leaf. A very flavorful Nicaraguan Habano wrapper leaf completes the blend. The wrappers have a mouthwatering, dark-chocolate color and glisten with oil. Robust, yet not overpowering, the cigar draws easily with a thick, creamy head of smoke. Each puff is rife with a perfectly-balanced tapestry of earthy, caramelized flavors laced with notes of sweet cedar and spice on a short, clean finish. I also enjoyed the aroma of this cigar - a big plus with me. What’s even more surprising is MAXX is a luxury class cigar that’s priced within the means of every cigar smoker. Designed for the more experienced smoker who has developed a palate for more full-flavored cigars, I predict you’re going to hear a lot of positive things about MAXX."

Can someone other than the manufacturer tell me something? Thanks :thumbs:
--BB

I tried an Alec Bradly cigar once and did not really care for it. I doubt it was the "Maxx". But from my memory of that cigar that I had I would not hold any high expectations of this brand. Although smokeable, nothing extraordinary. JMHO.

The MAXX is too God Damn Big!!! They are blended for the new crew of popular guys who want to smoke, big fat, penis sized cigars!!! Damn-it...I can't stand this trend of huge ring-gauge cigars...damn dick-smokers!

Nothing over 50 ring-gauge is what I say!!!

-Fetter

I tend to agree about the ring guage. That, combined with the goofy names makes me think they they spent more on marketing than blending. I had one a while back, and it was nothing to write home about.

The MAXX is too God Damn Big!!! They are blended for the new crew of popular guys who want to smoke, big fat, penis sized cigars!!! Damn-it...I can't stand this trend of huge ring-gauge cigars...damn dick-smokers!

-Fetter

:laugh: :laugh: ROTFLMAO!! :laugh: :laugh:

-Fetter
They would probably go down well in Sydneys only Gay Cigar Lounge :whistling:

The Ego: 9.2X58.... Aptly named.... Haven't tried em yet. If you end up picking one up, give us a review. Good luck.

I've read Maxx the Comic, does that count?

That aside, at $5 a stick I'd be willing to give them a shot, but haven't yet. Famous Smoke is giving 10% off boxes right now, though I'd want to try a fiver before commiting to a box. I'd be up for a couple fiver split if somebody wanted to give that a go. Not had much experience with Alec Bradley stuff, but I do enjoy trying new things - it's the only way to expand horizons.

Not that I expect too much......

-K-

-Fetter

I agree but there are some sticks that are over 50 that are good. LFD Factory Press II's, VSG Wizard, Cohiba's.....etc

And no I am not a d1ck smoker......hahahaha

I had the Ego and the Curve, and I didnt care for either. I like a lot of what Alec Bradely makes, but this cigar had poor construction, poor burning, and tasted foul.

Thanks everyone for the input. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a ten box to see for myself since I've had all of your help and gathered some info. After reading all this, it just made me more curious. At least after this I will know if I enjoy one or not. I'll definitely let you know. Thanks so much for the input :thumbs:

edit for spellin'

There are plenty of big ring guage cigars that are damn good. This one...I picked up a few. I still have one resting in my humi. They are not bad, just nothing to really write home about. Alec Bradley seems to have attempted to go after the Rocky Patel Edge crowd with this stick, but it's just kind of one dimensional to me. Not that strong either...at least not as strong as it seems to portray itself to be. But then again, I don't think the Edges are that strong either.

Not a terribly bad, pretty inexpensive smoke (I think they go for about $5 a stick generally), but I won't be picking up anymore in the future.

Bought two at my local shop. Smoked one and it was decent but didn't wow me in the least... Im gonna give the other one some age (already has 6 months in my humi) and try it again...