• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mayorga High Octane Parejo Tios (Maduro)

Joe

Just bought a box of 27 from JR's for $49, comes with 2lbs of coffee. Girlfriend wanted the coffee. I'll be damned if I say no to buying cigars.

I smoked a Mayorga maduro last night, it was decent. Just wondering how the high octane line is.

I've smoked quite a few Mayorgas in my day. I like them but I almost prefer the regular Mayorgas over the "High Octane" line.

The last few boxes of High Octanes I bought were wrapped too tightly and were basically plugged. I absolutely cannot tolerate a plugged cigar :angry: I break 'em in half and toss 'em out the window as I drive down the road :0

I find the wrapper on the High Octanes slightly "dry" as opposed to the regular Mayorga maduros.

I only like Mayorga maduros.

I ordered one of each when these where a Jrs weekly special last December, Maduro & Ecudorian. Smoked a few, sent out a few, still have a few left. I've enjoyed them sense I learned not to smoke one for breakfast :0
All in all a good investment for me as a newbie at $39 a box afair price for a learning experiance. :D
Plus they look cool in my Mayorga Humidor that I got last August for my Bday which started me down this path of enlightenment

Thanks for the input.

Smoked one last night. It was a very good smoke, especially since it cost less than two bucks. With my habit exponentially increasing, this box will not be around long. It is a very good not looking for anything special cigar.

CC, I did not have any problems with the draw. Probably because I prefer a cutter over a punch.

I've never seen a cutter correct the problem of a plugged cigars that was punched. I've done just that many times with cigars I initially punch, find the draw "tight" then cut them only to find that it made no difference :(

Again, my experience with the Mayorgas was about two years ago and it looks like they've corrected that problem ;)

Please forgive my blatant attempt to promote Havanas BUT the percentage of Havanas I've had that are plugged (probably one or two out of 500) are far lower than any domestics. I've had so many plugged domestics it's not funny. :angry: