• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mayorga

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Whew. That's one way to describe smoking the High Octane cigars from Mayorga. Joe M was nice enough to send me a few of these when I asked if anyone liked them. Anyway, here's a little review on these firecrackers.

Look:
Nice. Dark wrapper, deep maduro color.

Prelight smell:
Spicy to my nose. A bit on the tangy side. Nice coffee smells also. Also leather (sniffing it again now), very very light cream and a really nice earthiness.

Light:
BLAM. Right in teh ja mon LOL. Powerful. flood of powerful tastes, all the smells plus something else that I can't place. Almost an overwhelming flavor punch. Feels like a double shot of espresso to the veins.

Draw:
Nice, not too tight. Not to loose either, just right. But man the flavor. The flavor could be almost overkill to the wrong person. I like it, but to be honest it's making my mouth numb LOL. Clean ash, dark, peppery looking. Perfect, lasting about almost an inch before falling, I like that. Boy the flavor is strong, it's making my nose run. Speaking of nose, the smell from the lit side is peppery, leather, cream, coffee, earth and strong tobacky. The only down side I had on this one was towards the end, the burn went bad. Had to relight 2x, and it burned very uneven near the inch to nub end.

Overall feelings:
Well, I bought the box from Holts, and I'm glad I did. Because it's about 25 degrees out, this is an awesome cigar for the cold nights. It warms you up in an odd way, but it really is a nice little powerhouse. I'd recommend it if you like very strong (Bolivar Fuerte's come to mind). I'd recommend it to a light cigar smoker that was willing to try something to get knocked out too. It's a really good cigar, I'm glad I asked, glad I got to try one before I bought in, but man I'm glad I bought 'em.

Score (1 to 100):
88 1/2

I think it's a solid 90 if the burn problem I experienced isn't a regular thing.

Great review bud! Haven't had a HO before but I like the regular line. Here is a funny story (in a sick way) that a shop owner told me.

A younger guy walks into the shop and sits down on the couch finishing a cigar. He starts chit chatting with a couple of the regulars. He finishes the cigar, and asks the owner for a cigar with some kick to it. The owner shows him a couple different cigars that are pretty strong. He turns them down stating that he has smoked them before and they werent what he was looking for. Going on that only Cubans he considers really strong. So the older regular tosses the kid a HO and says try it. Well he sits down and commences to power herfing it down. Nobody pays much mind to him as a game was on the tube. After the kid nubs it and puts it out, he stands up, stating he needs to take off. As he starts to walk off, everyone notices he is sweating heavily from the brow. He gets into his truck to leave. He side swipes the car parked on the left as he tries to back out. He pulls back in. Then tires backing out to the right. Swipes that car too. Pulls back in. Pulls straight back and smacks the car straight behind him. The truck is then put in park, the door opens and he rolls out. Pukes on the pavement, then passes out.
So the moral of the story is this, don't power herf a HO.

Emo

If you get a chance try the natural HO. I think it a little stronger than the maduro. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Damn. Sad thing is, that sounds about right. That thing was S-t-r-o-n-g. I liked it, but I think it'd knock my brother out (he said he felt stoned when I gave him his first ISOM).

They should age real nice. The rough edge to them should smooth out to give you a nice strong flavored cigar. :thumbs:

Great review!

I had one of these a couple months back and was an excellent cigar.

Sam

A good strong ISOM usually makes me feel stoned too! I don't get to smoke too many though....

I agree with Shadow, I think in the 'deep sleep' box for at least 6 months, these guys'll be a bit mellower. Longer? Mmmm, I can imagine an almost sweet, leathery coffee flavor.

Dawn, you get stoned off of a Dunhill, geez!!! ROFLMFAO

Those HO's are great cigars for the money!!! I always keep a few around! :D :sign: