• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mayweather vs. Mosley

crluap

FaceBook This
Now this will be a good fight, after the hype and eventual letdown of Pacquiao vs. Mayweather!

I don't know who I want to lose more....Mosley because of his affiliation with Golden Girls or PBF who FINALLY fights someone with some clout in his own division

I still want to see Money Mayweather get his ass handed to him!

Mosley at one time was my favorite, sadly to say he is passed his prime and just looking for another payday. He will get it along with a good butt kick'n. :rolleyes:

Mosley is scared of Paul Williams, and why is pavlik fighting anybody but Williams.
what happend to the good ole boys who would fight any contender, they're all a bunch of pussy's if you ask me. Too damn selective on picking down and out fighters.

Money is not going to lose this fight.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Did Pacquiao ever say why he was vehemently opposed to the drug testing Mayweather proposed? Makes you wonder....

Naw its against his belief, I have heard this before. I actually had a patient refuse to get blood taken before surgery. I hate when they show pictures of him 6 years ago and say no one could grow that fast. Even when they showed pictures of tiger woods, and said the same thing. I always laugh because its always some out of shape guy that says that. Not saying he has never taken roids but I think Mayweather is punking out himself.

Did Pacquiao ever say why he was vehemently opposed to the drug testing Mayweather proposed? Makes you wonder....

Naw its against his belief, I have heard this before. I actually had a patient refuse to get blood taken before surgery. I hate when they show pictures of him 6 years ago and say no one could grow that fast. Even when they showed pictures of tiger woods, and said the same thing. I always laugh because its always some out of shape guy that says that. Not saying he has never taken roids but I think Mayweather is punking out himself.

What's against his beliefs?

Mosley at one time was my favorite, sadly to say he is passed his prime and just looking for another payday. He will get it along with a good butt kick'n.
rolleyes.gif

Mosley is scared of Paul Williams, and why is pavlik fighting anybody but Williams.
what happend to the good ole boys who would fight any contender, they're all a bunch of pussy's if you ask me. Too damn selective on picking down and out fighters.

And who would that be? Even Joe Louis' opponents were called the bums of the month. It's a manager's job to protect his fighter. Ducking fighters is as old as the sport. It's been going on since Sullivan.

Doc.

Manny's belief, Filipino's are very, very superstitious.

Mosley at one time was my favorite, sadly to say he is passed his prime and just looking for another payday. He will get it along with a good butt kick'n.
rolleyes.gif

And who would that be? Even Joe Louis' opponents were called the bums of the month. It's a manager's job to protect his fighter. Ducking fighters is as old as the sport. It's been going on since Sullivan.

Doc.

Muhammad Ali, nuff said!

I don't know, NSAC mandates he's got to be tested regardless so why would it matter when? Could be his beliefs, but it sounds like a cop out.

[/quote]

I don't know, NSAC mandates he's got to be tested regardless so why would it matter when? Could be his beliefs, but it sounds like a cop out.
[/quote]

Manny has had fights in vegas, atleast 10 or so I believe. I know that blood testing is not required, I believe only urine. It mandates that a fighter has to do testing 30 days before a fight, mayweather wants 24 hours before and it must be blood testing. Manny said no to 24 hours before the fight, but he would do it 24 days before the fight. I am not the expert on filipino belief but I know that they look or think highly on blood, giving up blood is like giving up your power and strength. Marquez was drinking his own urine, Floyd should have wanted no ingestion of urine 24 hours before the fight... :sign: Mayweather should fight P.W. if he beats the crap out of P.W. then he would be the man. I don't want to hear P.W. is a freak either, because Sergio Martinez showed that it can be done. He didn't win but man was it a close fight, one of my favorites from last year.

rolleyes.gif

Doc.

Muhammad Ali, nuff said!

I consider Ali the greatest Heavyweight fighter who ever lived, but you should look at who he fought in his Title Defenses. Bums and Tomato Cans. Most of his great fights were when he wasn't champ. Dundee protected him. There's no doubt about it.

Doc.

You're right, the NSAC only requires urine testing, but Pacquiao did submit to a blood test two days before his fight with Morales back in '05. If I'm not mistaken, because the testing Mayweather's camp wants would be random, it could hypothetically be the day before the fight but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they would agree to no less than three days before the fight.

I missed the Williams/Martinez fight but saw some clips and heard it was good!

As far as MoralesMarquez, he should've laid off the piss and baby quail eggs! :laugh:

edit to add: If they really want to cut through the bs, they'll go straight to testing hair samples.

Pacquiao said he didn't mind the blood tests but not within a week of the fight. He said he submitted to a blood test the week of the fight against Morales and he was really fatigued. After the fight, he agreed to as well as anytime prior to a week of the fight. Sounds reasonable. Standard Olympic drug testing should be reserved for the Olympics not in boxing. Mayweather just wanted an out because he knew Pacquiao isn't about the money. Pacquiao moved on to fight a boxer that really deserves a shot.

Pacquiao said he didn't mind the blood tests but not within a week of the fight. He said he submitted to a blood test the week of the fight against Morales and he was really fatigued. After the fight, he agreed to as well as anytime prior to a week of the fight. Sounds reasonable. Standard Olympic drug testing should be reserved for the Olympics not in boxing. Mayweather just wanted an out because he knew Pacquiao isn't about the money. Pacquiao moved on to fight a boxer that really deserves a shot.

Manny will demolish Pavlik, I don't think Pavlik has his heart after that B. Hop whooping he took. The thing about Manny is he has Freddy Roach! Freddy Roach looks out for Manny and only fights good fighters if its too his advantage, he always makes fighters fight outside of their comfort weight. There are exceptions for instance if the fighter is way off of his prime, like his fight with Oscar at 147 lbs. He would never fight Mosley at 147 lbs, Mosley is a better fighter than Oscar.

If both fighters are subjected to the same testing I just fail to see where the disadvantage lies.

If both fighters are subjected to the same testing I just fail to see where the disadvantage lies.

If you're superstitious, it creates a disadvantage. Mayweather likes to get into fighters heads, from the beginning to the end. He is starting early because it would have been a crazy big fight for both fighters. I know one thing for sure, if Manny gave up a portion of his purse Floyd would let him take it whenever he wants. Mayweather usually demands a higher purse, and not many fighters can get 50/50 when fighting Floyd. (Except for members of Goldenboy)

If you're superstitious, it creates a disadvantage. Mayweather likes to get into fighters heads, from the beginning to the end. He is starting early because it would have been a crazy big fight for both fighters. I know one thing for sure, if Manny gave up a portion of his purse Floyd would let him take it whenever he wants. Mayweather usually demands a higher purse, and not many fighters can get 50/50 when fighting Floyd. (Except for members of Goldenboy)

Not sure where this whole superstitious business comes from, though I should've asked my nephew's fiancee this evening.(first generation Philipino in the states) I definitely have to ask next time I see her. But I think it's safe to assume his compliance with the blood test back in '05 two days before the fight negates superstition. If anything it's simply just that he complained of feeling weak, which he believed was a result of the blood being drawn.

If you believe something, and the one time you don't do said thing you get your butt kicked. I bet you wouldn't do said thing again, especially if it has taken you as far as manny has come. The money he makes here, goes a very long way in the Phillipines.