• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

McCelland Dominican Glory

Everpresent1

So I am in a rainy mood every since my Clemson Tigers lost to go 3-4 today. So what possible good can come from this Saturday? Hmm... good thing I was browsing through my local tobacco shop's pipe tobacco inventory catalog. I circled McCelland's Dominican Glory this morning so I sought out to my local shop, McCranie's, to take a shot in the dark at the closest pipe tobacco I have seen to match my cigar tastes.

Without further explanation...I have to say that this is a favorite for many smokes to come. I have to say its like packing a robusto right in your pipe. I'll admit it has a stronger bite than most other flavors I have tried to date but it still beats the train wreck your mouth can feel like after the cigar version. So in conclusion very comparable taste of a medium to full cigar and I could buy a tin and a great pipe for 1/4 of the price of a box of 25 cigars of the same variety (and feel more confident that my storage of this fine tobacco will be top notch as well).

My only regret which I really can't complain about is that my local shop didn't have the Dominican Glory Maduro blend. Certainly, I will not lose any sleep but I will purchase a tin to replace the one I have right after I am finished.

Also, my local shop recommended for me to buy a tin of McCranie's Red Ribbon Prime 1996 Red Virginia to start with after I engaged in a discussion of my overall tastes. I have to say I have enjoyed many good smokes from this tin this week as well. My opinion here is this is what good straight tobacco should taste like. Granted my introduction into the pipe world is exactly 6 days old, but hey I think I found the alternative I was looking for and I'm sold now.

I may give Boswell's Christmas Cookie a whirl just to add a little Christmas cheer into the pipe as we head into the holidays.

Cheers!

I've been wanting to try this. It comes in Maduro, too. :)

Steve