• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

McClelland 2000 Mature Cake. Anybody have experience with?

MadMonk

I got some of this by accident and am trying to determine if it is really 2000. I had read that it was a cake, yet this looks basically like a mix of mostly rubbed out flake with bits of broken flake mixed in. as I mentioned, I got it by mistake, thinking I was clicking 2010. This is definitely an Aromatic of some sort, and I'm guessing cased with maple/vanilla. It does not have the McClelland ketchup aroma, with the aromatic qualities taking the forefront. What is does do is dry out if I let it sit, which tells me that it is not goopy and may not have any PG in the mix. It really isnt offensive to me at all, I would just rather have a pure VA.

Curious if anybody has smoked it and would like your thoughts on it.

Also, if any of you have aged any, and some details on how long, any improvements, etc.

I'm going to give it a few more bowls, and then decide if I want to try and trade this. It is supposed to be a pound, but I am not sure, and have to bring it to the PO to weigh it on the digital scale. If I decide to trade it, I will post a righteous trade offer in the BST.

Love it. It's a broken flake that falls apart pretty easily. Less than gentle handling will break it up a fair amount.

It's cased with something. I get a vanilla/hazelnut kind of flavor from it with an occasional persimmon pudding burst. It's not goopy, though.

It will bite pretty hard if you're not careful.

A lot of times this my fishing tobacco. It's a satisfying blend that I keep on hand. The last jar I smoked was from 2004. It doesn't age like a darker Virginia (the flavors don't really develop or deepen all that much after this period of time), but the time in a sealed jar certainly doesn't hurt it. It may smooth the bite a bit, but I couldn't say for sure.

Add a little Perique to get a little something different that's pretty damned good. Adding Latakia also makes a pretty good change of pace.