• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Me new strategy

Tony Bones

Grundalier
I'm trying to cut down on my purchases and refocus my funds at dropping the remainder of my CC debt...but I still want to have a nice selection for about five years out.

I've decided to set up a small Coolidor to age fivers in. I'll still keep the Cuban humi and the domestic humi stocked, but hopefully the coolidor won't be ransacked as often. Out of sight, out of mind.

Why am I posting this? Well, hopefully the publicness of it will provide a huge sense of guilt every time I think about getting into the aging box.

I don't know Tony - sounds to me like its just additional storage space.

My cigar inventory was in a large Tupperdor that I kept semi stoked (20-40) until just recently. Now that I have a coolerdor (and discovered cigarbid) I have 200 - 300 cigars - funny how that worked.

Good luck. The first step is admitting you have a problem! :D

I wanted a tupperdor for age'n along with my desktop. So I made one, filled it up a bit. But then got newbieitis. Every cigar I got I wanted to smoke, or at least see it laying there. So I put them all in the 75 count desktop. Now they are slowly disappearing.
I HAVE NO CONTROL.
Maybe I need to join a storage support group. I'm weak and can't handle the pressure of just knowing the cigars are there.

my CC debt
YEAH, when you sending me my money :p

I've decided to set up a small Coolidor to age fivers in.
NO, NO, NO, you need LARGE coolerdor to age BOXES in ;)

Good luck. The first step is admitting you have a problem!

Contact your local CA chapter and the "A" does not stand for Aficionado, it stands for anonymous :D

I used to just stop by the local shop every so often and pick up a few for myself and a friend or two....Then I found CP....3-4 months later I had 2 coolidors and over 1000 cigars!! I can most likely stop all purchases and have enough cigars to last me the next 10 years at the rate I smoke now :D

Fast4Dr said:
I used to just stop by the local shop every so often and pick up a few for myself and a friend or two....Then I found CP....3-4 months later I had 2 coolidors and over 1000 cigars!! I can most likely stop all purchases and have enough cigars to last me the next 10 years at the rate I smoke now :D
LMAO, sounds a lot like my story, except I'm only hovering around 500 :D
A lot of my stock came from winning cigar pool twice last year. Did I ever tell you guys that before? :sign:

Tony Bones said:
Why am I posting this? Well, hopefully the publicness of it will provide a huge sense of guilt every time I think about getting into the aging box.
Whatever Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch

:p :love:

There is never enough storage space, never enough cigars and never enough money. There may be a buying lull here and there, but it's hard to quit buying and storing cold turkey, (buying and storing, buying and storing the cycle repeats until there are thousands of cigars you are addicted)............you may need a patch.

txmatt said:
I don't know Tony - sounds to me like its just additional storage space.

My cigar inventory was in a large Tupperdor that I kept semi stoked (20-40) until just recently. Now that I have a coolerdor (and discovered cigarbid) I have 200 - 300 cigars - funny how that worked.

Good luck. The first step is admitting you have a problem! :D
Nah, I just didn't communicate what I was trying to do here very well.

See, the problem I have right now is that I'm buying overpriced, pre-aged smokes because I can't manage to keep my grubby hands off stuff long enough to let it age.

By setting up a Coolidor I will have the sticks out of sight and hopefully out of mind. Eventually, I won't be paying mucho bucks for the aged sticks, because I'll have my own.

It probably won't work...but hey, I'm trying.