• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Message from uncle mikey

uncle mikey

June 26, 2007

A message from uncle mikey and mrbundles.com

Dear Friends and Customers,

I’m sure many of you have noticed that I have not posted Weekly Specials to this board or any other board for some time so I’ve come here to tell you why and explain what I am currently doing to bring you all specials which I hope will save you money and enable me to keep your business.

In the past I have had several encounters with manufacturers and suppliers regarding the pricing of certain merchandise for sale on my website. We can debate the concept of fair trade all we want but the simple matter is if a supplier wants to cut me off of a particular line of cigars he can by placing my orders on back order and just not shipping.

In the past several weeks I have once again been receiving calls from suppliers telling me my prices are too low on the web site and my posted specials are really too low for their retail stores to compete. I will tell you with certainty these complaints are not coming from retailers in the US but one particular internet dealer that has an ego as large as his website. In many instances I have raised my website prices in order to keep these lines but have stopped posting specials to the varied cigar boards. Instead I am sending my specials through my email list generated from my website only. In order to see these specials you must be on that list with an unspamblocked email address. I know this may be an inconvenience but it is the only way I can continue sending specials that make any cigar smoker sense. Those of you who wish to continue receiving my email specials please go into you profile on the site and check to see if your email address is both current and not blocked. If you need me to change it for you please write me at mrbundles@mrbundles.com and I will change it for you.

To the owners of this board I would like to thank you for inviting me here enabling me to reach your members, offer cigar deals and service their needs and assist in acquiring cigars not locally available. To all of you who are customers of mrbundles.com I thank you for your business and continued patronage.

Mike “uncle mikey” Banks

Ain't that a bitch.. the suppliers wanna cut you off because of your prices. Out the bastids and let us have a whack at em.

Ain't that a bitch.. the suppliers wanna cut you off because of your prices. Out the bastids and let us have a whack at em.

Yep, it sucks!

"Big Guy" calls the manufacturer and complains, mfg doesn't mind beating up on the "little guy" to appease the "big guy".

Completely wrong IMHO!

Thanks for posting Mikey

~Mark

While it's good for us as consumers to get low prices, a lot of the manufacturers that police discount websites due so to keep not only retail stores in business, but to protect the substantial investment that they have in their name brand. While everyone should be able to sell at whatever price the market determines, the manufacturers have come into problems when discount websites sell damaged/imperfect product at a discount, someone buys it and then sours on the brand. I've never done business with Uncle Mikey's and would doubt that they are unscrupulous by just the fact that they post on this board, I don't think that they are being singled out unfairly, just the victim of other discount websites that will sell damaged or subpar product for less that retailers selling legit product.

In another thread, Moki has a great post about how and why grey market vendors (retailers that sell cigars cheaply without authorization from the manufacturer) ultimately damage the cigar industry as a whole. I'll try to dig it up.

I'd like to know who the "big guy" is so I know exactly where I'm not buying my cigars.

I'd like to know who the "big guy" is so I know exactly where I'm not buying my cigars.
prolly referring to CI and JR's of the world...one would guess anyhow.

I'm betting on CI or one of their incarnations (cigar.com...)

I don't believe JR would stoop that low. Under his guidance Lew was a tough business man but not a letch. The answers lie with the big guys who do have multiple sites where they hide in the shadows so the manufactures can alwasy say, "We don't sell to them". BS mb

Thanks for the post Mike and I'll call you tommorow and we can discuss this more into depth. Plus I want to ensure that you have my current email at West Point so I keep getting your email specials...... :) :thumbs: :cool: