• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mi Barrio

BagfullofPings

Last week I picked up a Mi Barrio 5 pack through Cigar Bid. I received my package at the office this morning and couldn't wait to fire up the new E&O super premium facing. Like all other E&O products this cigar was blended and rolled by Don Pepin Garcia.

1/3
Once I got home I headed to the courtyard and fired up the Mi Barrio. Most Pepin's have a pronounced pepper bomb. This did not. It had a pepper atomic bomb. This was a monster. Despite the massive amount of pepper, this cigar was very smooth. IMO notes of cocoa and leather towards the end of each puff(lol) smoothed the pepper (what do I know). For me, the notes were differentiated through snorkeling.

2/3
After getting to the midsection of the cigar, the pepper subsided but remained in the background. At that point the primary notes were cocoa and leather. Every now and then minute notes of wood and grass would show up. Throughout the midsection the overall smoke was very smooth.

3/3
Towards the nub the overall taste repeated the 1/3.

For me the Mi Barrio was a very enjoyable cigar. Although the journey was circular, it is a journey I would love to take over and over. The construction was impeccable. No cracks and no unwrapping. The burn was almost perfect (Nobody beats Davidoff and Avo IMO) I did have to relight at the nub, but I let is sit for too long IMO. Draw wise the Mi Barrio was completely acceptable. It was a little loose for me, but I like a slightly tighter draw

Overall I'm going to give a two thumbs up. That means I would smoke this cigar again and I would buy a box if I find the right deal (I'm cheap). At Cigars International a 5 pack goes for $60 ($12 per stick) and a box will set you back $269. If you like these, look for the auctions on Cigar Bid. Deep discounts can be found. Last week I went up to $150 for a box. Unfortunately I had to leave the auction and somebody picked it up for $154.

I hope I did OK. This was my first review.

Jason

Nice review, I picked up a few of these but have yet to put them to flame. I guess I'll have to try one now :laugh:

Billy

That is a great review.

I am looking forward to finding both the father and brother and getting them ah' smoking.

Would you think it was wise to shelf them at home for 6 months to let them age a little?

Nice review!

Pics tell a better story though.

Brian

Great review! Now that the weather is cooler, I can start firing up the bigger smokes.

That is a great review.

I am looking forward to finding both the father and brother and getting them ah' smoking.

Would you think it was wise to shelf them at home for 6 months to let them age a little?

I would smoke them right now.

Nice review!

Pics tell a better story though.

Brian

I may smoke another one today. If so, I will add pictures. When I smoked the first one, it was pitch black in my courtyard.

Nice review. I just had one last weekend and it really didn't surprise me at all...meaning it had "all those pepin flavors" I'm used to. I felt it was a solid blend, something along the lines of a mixture of the Blue and Serie JJ.

It did start off slow, but progressed well, and then ended with a THUD! It turned into a downer at the 2/3 point.

Since it was only dry boxed for 1 day after buying it from my B&M, I'm not truely suprised. I plan on letting it rest for a while and smoke it again at 63%.

I will say, it does have great aging potential...I hope! :rolleyes:

I've been trying to find some of these online and locally. I've been unsuccesful. Anyone know of any online retailers selling them?

I've been trying to find some of these online and locally. I've been unsuccesful. Anyone know of any online retailers selling them?

Watch Cigarbid. Over the weekend there were some auctions (total of 20 cigars), but I missed them.