• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Miami/Little Havana

fuelie95

Going on a cruise in a few weeks but have some time to kill in Miami before the cruise. Never been to Little Havana and just wondering what suggestions you have as to what to see, do, buy, where to eat, and whether it's worth it to visit Calle Ocho? From the PNW so anxious to see all the stuff I've heard about; ie Padron, etc.

Also going with the family (kids) so they're willing to put up with a few cigar shops/factories if I treat them to a nice meal or something interesting for them to do/see while I'm buggin out on cigars

Thanks! :D

I was there at the beginning of the month. I only went into the Padilla shop and it was really nice. We parked near Rey de los Habanos and then walked toward the Padilla shop. There was an awesome costume shop and Latin American music store that the family may find entertaining. It was fun to just look around at the different shops.

I know La Gloria Cuban, Ernesto's shop is there, along with of course Pepin's shop. I'd love to go to both, either way enjoy your trip.

I vistited Calle Ocho this summer, and it was a great experience. I actually saw Pepin, Ernesto, and the El Titan de Bronze owner. Smoked a lot of cigars, ate some good food, and drank WAY, WAY, WAY too much cafe cubano!!!!!!

Here are some places you should check out if you are going to be in Little Havana:

For Cigars:

El Rey de los Habanos
1120 SW 8th Street,
Miami Florida

Padilla Cigars
1501 SW 8th Street, Miami FL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, swing by one of these places for great Cuban food:

Versailles Restaurant
3555 SW 8 Street
Miami, FL 33135

La Carreta Restaurant
3632 SW 8th St, Miami

I will vouch for this place to eat.

La Carreta Restaurant

Thanks for all the recommendations! Just wondering if anyone recommends visiting Padron? Do they have a retail store there? Are the prices/selection any good? I guess my fantasy is to be able to get a box of the La Familia Reserva #44!!!! :whistling:

Definetly stop by Padron.. It's a beautiful place with some amazing stuff on the walls. You can purchase all of their regular production cigars at msrp and smoke them in the lounge. Talk to César, he is great. You might want to place an order and go in to pick it up. I will pm you his info.

About 5 blocks east of Versailles there is a nostalgia shop with a lot of Cuba memorabilia in it for sale. One of the things I find most interesting is the old baseball teams t-shirts/jerseys. Pricing is reasonable as well. John

About 5 blocks east of Versailles there is a nostalgia shop with a lot of Cuba memorabilia in it for sale. One of the things I find most interesting is the old baseball teams t-shirts/jerseys. Pricing is reasonable as well. John

This is a place I didn't have time to stop at...man do I regret that!!!

I heard that place is awesome!

This is a place I didn't have time to stop at...man do I regret that!!!

I heard that place is awesome!
Wow! I love to look at that kind of stuff! What's the name of the shop?!!

I agree with all of the suggestions above, also don't forget about La Luna cigars. You'll probably run into Gael the owner, who is fun to talk to. They also make some cigars that you can only get there for the time being.

Linky1

Linky2