• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Microsoft Excel Help

Big100HD

Cigar junkie
I'm no computer wiz....but I'm having trouble with EXCEL 2002.

every time I open a spreadsheet I cannot modify it. whichever box I click on it starts to hilight all the boxes wherever I move the curser. I have to close the program from the windows task manager window.

I'm running "windows XP home"

this is frustrating and I cannot get anything done. this has been going on for weeks. Every now and then it will work ok. Then I open it and it starts up again.

I've tried to send an email to microsoft but that's useless (no response).

Is your scroll lock on? A speadsheet is the only program I'm aware of that actually utilizes the scroll lock button on the keyboard.

Is a shift/contrtol key stuck? Try tapping it a few times to make sure.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Dave ;)

tried both... still does it. I can't use the spreadsheet at all.

frustrating.

Edit - If only I could read....

Check Protection, see if you have some cells locked.

Also, the bottom right hand portion of the excel frame should show you what's on (scroll lock, num lock etc). If you have something odd on, it will likely show there

Your workbook template could be lauching with the "Extend" mode turned on. It's turned on and off with F8.

Look at the bottom of excel and see if EXT is bolded. If it is, just hit F8 and it will turn off.

Mark Wilson
Desktop Support Group
Dallas County

OK, that didn't work... try the mouse control panel.. if "click-lock" is turned on, it will also to exactly what you're describing.