• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Miele vacuum cleaners?

moki

el Presidente
A friend of mine is absolutely raving about how good Miele vacuum cleaners are. Combination of very powerful sucking, features, ergonomics, and that they are very quiet and well made. I'm wondering if anyone here has personal experience with either the Eclipse or the Capricorn.

I'm finding it a little tough to swallow that any vacuum cleaner can be worth $1,000 (the Capricorn... the smaller Eclipse is about half that). You could hire a mid for a reasonable period of time for that money... so does anyone have experience with either model?

I managed to find these reviews.

Capricorn:

http://www.abbysguide.com/vacuum/reviews/381-0-1.html

http://products.howstuffworks.com/miele-ca...5980-review.htm

Eclipse:

http://www.epinions.com/review/Miele_S4212...nt_465715957380

We have one at the office. I think it works well. The floors are magically cleaned every week and I think that it is used. But on a serious note, I am a fan of the Dyson

When I saw the title, I thought you got poop on this one too!

We just got a Dyson (15?)

Light and powerful...fantastic! :thumbs:

Yeah we have Dysons now.... problem is they aren't very good for cleaning underneath things like couches, beds, etc., and they aren't very good for doing stairs.

Canister-style can be lighter to use, too.

Yeah we have Dysons now.... problem is they aren't very good for cleaning underneath things like couches, beds, etc., and they aren't very good for doing stairs.

Canister-style can be lighter to use, too.

Yea...we had a cheap cannister...but it was ackward at best.

Just get one of these...and getting under the couch is moot:

brycehunt.33164.jpg

:D

I bought a Kirby for about $1,000 back in 1990. Still works fantastic and only had to replace the belt once in all that time. Plus I can use it to paint the house, shampoo the carpet, give the dog a haircut, massage my scalp and probably a few other features that I have forgotten about.

The sister of my wife's best friend was a service tech for Miele a few years back. She goes to a service call at this house and is let in by the maid who directs her to whatever piece of equipment it was that needed fixing. About a half an hour later, the owner of the house walks out and asks her how it's coming along. She looks up and Sigourney Weaver is standing over her!

First your into Anal and now you're looking for a vacuum with more suction... I'm scared to see what your next request is for! :laugh:

Moki - my wife and I bought a Miele about four years ago. Like you, I had a hard time at first considering spending so much cash for a vacuum. However, after we tried several others and then got our hands on a Miele, we decided what the hell. We figured that it would be a purchase that we shouldn't have to make for a LONG time again. I have absolutely no regrets as it is by far the easiest vacuum we have ever used. It is very light, maneuvers great, and just works like you would want.

I just checked - we have the Miele Solaris Electro Plus. I believe we paid around $800-$900 for it, although my memory is a little fuzzy.

Miele are a really good brand mate. While I haven't seen their vacuum cleaners in action, their ovens and clothes washers are really bloody good. So... go for it I reckon.

If they are anything like the dishwasher,cooktops,ranges, and in counter steam tables they make, then it is an excellent product.

I have a rainbow. It replaced a windtunnel. My parent have a rainbow. It replaced a dyson.

Moki - my wife and I bought a Miele about four years ago. Like you, I had a hard time at first considering spending so much cash for a vacuum. However, after we tried several others and then got our hands on a Miele, we decided what the hell. We figured that it would be a purchase that we shouldn't have to make for a LONG time again. I have absolutely no regrets as it is by far the easiest vacuum we have ever used. It is very light, maneuvers great, and just works like you would want.

I just checked - we have the Miele Solaris Electro Plus. I believe we paid around $800-$900 for it, although my memory is a little fuzzy.

Yeah they let us take home the Neptune model (my wife likes the smaller size) and bingo... SOLD! Polly loves it... because it's small, light, quiet, sucks like a Thai hooker, and most of all, is a pretty shade of Aqua. :)

Very, very impressive vacuums.

Good choice Moki :thumbs: , I purchased a Kirby a lifetime ago and the damn thing just won't die. But when it does, it's a Miele for me as well.

:cool:

Yeah they let us take home the Neptune model (my wife likes the smaller size) and bingo... SOLD! Polly loves it... because it's small, light, quiet, sucks like a Thai hooker, and most of all, is a pretty shade of Aqua. :)

Sounds like a good choice, Moki. As for the volume, I completely forgot about that until I read your post - that was actually one of the selling points. Instead of our older model which sounded like a jet engine while running, the Miele we have is nice and quiet. It's one of those things (like higher end dishwashers) that you forget about when you have them but when you don't, it's often annoying, particularly when you're trying to watch TV in a close by location.

Things that make go hmm :whistling:

Things that make go hmm :whistling:

Hmmmmm!