• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Minneapolis

theHatguy

I am stuck in Minneapolis for a couple of days. Anyone know a good cigar bar near the convention center?

Nope

Smoking has been banned in MPLS, or I should say Hennepin County.

There's stogies on grand in st paul, not sure if you can smoke in there anymore. Pretty much have to take a bit of a car ride to get out of the county to smoke.

PM Swifty, he can set you straight.

That sucks!!! What do you guys do in the middle of Feb. Thanks for the info.
mhortsch said:
Nope

There's stogies on grand in st paul, not sure if you can smoke in there anymore. Pretty much have to take a bit of a car ride to get out of the county to smoke.

[snapback]291888[/snapback]​

You are too late by a year. :(
Cafe Havana was the place to go in my book. Desert of tres leches cake, espresso and a cigar, WOW that was good. I haven't gone back since the ban took effect, but the wait staff seemed to think that the bar would get divided off somehow after the ban, so you still might want to try them.

Cafe Havana
119 Washington Ave, Minneapolis

theHatguy said:
That sucks!!! What do you guys do in the middle of Feb. Thanks for the info.
mhortsch said:
Nope

[snapback]291888[/snapback]​
[snapback]291896[/snapback]​

Spend all fall building a smoke shack to sit in ;)

You can enjoy a cigar over at Stogies on Grand if you're over near St. Paul. Otherwise it's not too hard to find a place out side of Hennipen county. We'll wait to hear from Swifty.

Gonz said:
You can enjoy a cigar over at Stogies on Grand if you're over near St. Paul. Otherwise it's not too hard to find a place out side of Hennipen county. We'll wait to hear from Swifty.
[snapback]292150[/snapback]​

Actually, Hennepin County has granted some exceptions to bars that serve food. I get together with davela, simmsboard and some other guys occasionally at Al's Bar in St. Louis Park. If you are looking for a cigar bar or lounge, Golden Leaf accross the street from Calhoun Sqare on Hennepin, just past Lake St. has a very small smoking lounge. That's the only one I know of in Mpls. I guess the ban doesn't cover establishments that their sole business is selling tobacco.

MonkeyK said:
You are too late by a year. :(
Cafe Havana was the place to go in my book. Desert of tres leches cake, espresso and a cigar, WOW that was good. I haven't gone back since the ban took effect, but the wait staff seemed to think that the bar would get divided off somehow after the ban, so you still might want to try them.

Cafe Havana
119 Washington Ave, Minneapolis
[snapback]291906[/snapback]​

Aah, Cafe Havana was a great place. I used to live in the Minneapolis area and used to hit that spot frequently. Great coffee as I recall. I only smoked cigars there a few times, but that was in my "amatuer" cigar days when I smoked mostly Macanudos. Now, I know better! :cool:

Thanks Guys, Anyone want to get together in the next couple of days. I am there Thurs.-Sun. morning. I'll bring a few hats from the White House.

theHatguy said:
Thanks Guys, Anyone want to get together in the next couple of days. I am there Thurs.-Sun. morning. I'll bring a few hats from the White House.
[snapback]292437[/snapback]​

This is my lil brother guys. Take care of him! :thumbs:

Just keep in mind that I'm the good looking one, though... :D

Me, davela, simmsboard and some other guys are getting together at Al's tonight around 7:00 if anyone is interested.

theHatguy, If you want I could pick you up at your hotel. I'll shoot you a PM with my phone #.

Swifty how dare you plan something in MPLS and not invite me :laugh:

I'm kidding, how you been?

Thanks guys for the hospitality last night had a great time. Thanks to my BOTL in Minneapolis. They picked me up at the hotel, took me to a great local bar, feed me drinks, and give me cigars. What else could a man ask for. If your ever in Minneapolis defiantly look these guys up. Just to let you know the limo driver got me back to my hotel safe and sound.

Well it was really a Geo Metro, no lie.Had a great time,thanks for the hat Dennis. We all got see and paw through Joes (simmsboard) Newbie Sampler trade, what fun.Thurs night at ALs 7:00. Later Dave

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that I made it back to DC safe and sound. Thanks again for your hospitality. Had more fun with you guys than I did the rest of my time there in Minneapolis. Would love to come back in the warm months.
Ate at Hell's Kitchen on 12th street for breafast one morning, very interesting. Pricey but worth it.

come back anytime .Hell's Kitchen? Doesn't sound like a "Minnesota Nice" place to eat at all." Yeah Sure, You Betcha". Dave Larson

theHatguy said:
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that I made it back to DC safe and sound. Thanks again for your hospitality. Had more fun with you guys than I did the rest of my time there in Minneapolis. Would love to come back in the warm months.
Ate at Hell's Kitchen on 12th street for breafast one morning, very interesting. Pricey but worth it.
[snapback]294964[/snapback]​

I love that restaurant! Very interesting indeed.