• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mmmm...Dessert

Gonz

Ultra Runner
I'm going to have a go at this tonight, I'll try and post pics and we'll see how it turns out. I may add this to the Chef's Pass thread as well if it's a hit. This particular recipe is for an entire 9" pie pan worth, however I prefer to do these in several smaller cups so it's more of a personal size.

CARAMELIZED BANANA TART

1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell
1/4 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large bananas

In a saucepan, mix the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Add in the milks and stirring, cook over medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon as it thickens into a custard and comes to a boil. Cook for 1 minute boiling, take off heat. Stir a small amount of the hot custard into the beaten eggs in a small bowl and mix well. Then add this mixture back into the custard. Continue stirring and cook on heat for one more minute. Add the butter and vanilla, stir and take off heat completely to cool.

In the pastry shell, slice the bananas to cover the bottom, pour the custard over and chill for 3 hours.

Right before serving, sprinkle sugar over top of custard and torch it using a Creme Brule torch.