• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Modified coffee table to humi

collegestu

Gentlemen, I have a perdicament that I hope some of you can help me with. As you can see this is an ordinary solid wood coffee table with interior dimensions of 46x15x27. Turns out to be approximately 11 feet.

gallery_8882_1329_8849.jpg

gallery_8882_1329_16056.jpg

I have started looking into a petier unit and have some promising choices, but my question to you is what is a better active humidification unit for this. I need somthing that will do the job but I heard that I should have a unit that is rated for double the space so the unit will not have to work as hard. So far I have checked out the cigar oasis / II, le veil, moist n air, the hydra lg, and the avallo.

Does anyone have a little feed back to these units, I have search but I have not found anythings that has a side by side comparision or updated to what is available now on the market. I really dont want to go heartfelt beads since I dont want to have as many and the fact that when I tried them before, it didnt work out for me.

My plans are to to cut 4 holes on the top so I can drop some glass in for each tray and show off the loose stick. (the interior will eventually have spanish cedar planks everywhere and I will change the draws to match as well.)

Then I plan to enclose the rectangular openings at the bottom with glass as to be able to store boxes. I know that the interior is not correct and still a work in progress, but bear in mind that I just bought this table wednesday as a birthday gift to myself and the fun is actually moding the thing into a humi.

Thanks for the help

PM robbiex0r. He made a coffee table humidor and can probably help you out.

I also believe the Avallo, if not other humidifiers, has been reviewed on CP.

I myself would be concerned using glass on the sides, that low to the ground. I feel it is begging to get a foot through it. Just something to consider if you have children. Tempered perhaps. Acrylic might scratch too easy unless you get some
cutting edge materials, which are cost prohibitive.

I would also make a scale drawing to determine how the Drawer outlines actually fall under that top. If you go with
cut- outs, you want the view of the drawers to be symmetricsl and centered.

I have a Moist-N-Air in a 24 cubic foot humi. Not fancy but it works and I only have to fill it once a month.

One other thing you may want to consider as well is where does sunlight fall on the table? If it hits those top or side panels too much it may affect the smokes closest to them.

One other thing you may want to consider as well is where does sunlight fall on the table? If it hits those top or side panels too much it may affect the smokes closest to them.

Good point. I would go with the Avallo and maybe think about putting some glass that is darkened on the top. Not sure if you could even place some tint on the glass but who knows..Should be a fun project..