• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

mold id?

thevalkrye

uhh huh huh huh...member.
Can you guys help me out with this? From what i have researched on the internet it IS mold. It looks a lot like this pic here:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=16

I just wanted a second opinion before i contacted the vendor as I just got them today. :angry:

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

Thanks!

Very bad case of mold, return asap for a refund. I would stay away from the vendor if that is what he ships you. Was the box opened before you received it? If so definitely stay away from that vendor.

Mold like that can make you sick.................looking at it.

So very sorry, that really is a great bummer. Try not to be too down about it, there are plenty of good smokes in your future. :thumbs:

Hope the vendor takes care of you. As others have stated, there's no chance that it isn't mold. :(

In the off chance the Vendor doesn't make it right I would think that you should out the vendor here to avoid anybody else having to go through the same difficulties. Hopefully the vendor will make it right and you wont have to do that, but I would hate to see a fellow BOTL go through the same fiasco without resolution.

Just my .02

I have contacted the vendor with pics of the cigars. I hope he makes it right, i have 25 of these moldy cigars!! I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks again for the advice!

I just can't believe that you got these from a vendor with that much mold on them, I hope you get this resolved with them.

In the off chance the Vendor doesn't make it right I would think that you should out the vendor here to avoid anybody else having to go through the same difficulties. Hopefully the vendor will make it right and you wont have to do that, but I would hate to see a fellow BOTL go through the same fiasco without resolution.

Just my .02

Somehow I don't think this is a good idea. We don't discuss sources of CC's, and outing a CC vendor would not be in the individual's best interest...for obvious reasons. ;)

Touche Jake, being as unfamiliar with CC's as I am I didn't realize they were :blush:. In that case don't out the source as that would be against the rules! Hopefully they make it right thought.

Well I contacted the vendor and he told me it was probably plume, but to send him the pictures i had and he would check. He also told me they don't usually check the particular brand (Jose L. Piedra Cremas) i had bought because "no offense..they were not worth it".

I received a response from him telling me that it IS plume and to wipe it off and smoke them. He offered to refund my purchase price if i returned them, but not to replace them since his other boxes that he checked looked the same (makes sense).

While i was waiting for his reply i contacted a few of the guys i deal with at US cigar retail companies and asked them their opinion. I was told mold by all of them.

The vendor has offered if have been mislead by someone in a discussion forum, to come online to discuss it. I have given him the link to this thread and await his response.....

Every vendor and B&M I've ever dealt with uses the "plume" line to try and keep people from wanting a refund on moldy cigars. If the mold has gotten into the foot the cigars are trash and unsmokeable. I've read many people say that even mold on the outside is still bad and ruins the flavor of a cigar. I would return them immediately.

Well I contacted the vendor and he told me it was probably plume, but to send him the pictures i had and he would check. He also told me they don't usually check the particular brand (Jose L. Piedra Cremas) i had bought because "no offense..they were not worth it".

I received a response from him telling me that it IS plume and to wipe it off and smoke them. He offered to refund my purchase price if i returned them, but not to replace them since his other boxes that he checked looked the same (makes sense).

While i was waiting for his reply i contacted a few of the guys i deal with at US cigar retail companies and asked them their opinion. I was told mold by all of them.

The vendor has offered if have been mislead by someone in a discussion forum, to come online to discuss it. I have given him the link to this thread and await his response.....

If it's not worth it to check them for MOLD, then it shouldn't be an issue to replace them...I mean, since they aren't worth it and all. It's sad because if they refunded you your $ and you shipped them back...they'd just turn them around and sell some other poor bastid molded cigars KNOWINGLY.

I work in the cigar industry, and don't Bull$hit my customers if one of them spots mold on a cigar in our humidor...some people just think cigar consumers are ignorant...when most of the consumers are more knowledgeable than some of the bonehead retailers out there. Reality check...you can't pull a fast one over everybody.

He thinks that's plume....

47831.gif