• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold?

toliver

This is one of the Pinar "Cubans" that I mentioned the other day. Is this mold in it?

Mold.jpg

Thanks,
TOliver

That looks like bloom. Did you try wiping it off? If the cigar smells musty....
but I don't think that is mold.

From what i've learned on this forum, that would be 'tooth'. Bumpy leaf?

toliver said:
I cant wipe it off. It is under the leaf.
[snapback]211681[/snapback]​

Tooth!

Unless the bumps start moving, then it's beetles :laugh:

Edited; That damn green lizard! :(

And tooth it is. I believe there is another thread around here somewhere about BUMPS. That has some great info in it.
If you read the BUMPS post you will understand why I thought it to be bloom
OK OK so I edit twice to be sure....the thread is SMALL WHITE BUMPS (like the ones on my skull)

It's bloom, tooth is not white. Tooth is millions of rased bumpes in the wrapper kind of like a ruff texture.

Fyodor said:
It's bloom, tooth is not white. Tooth is millions of rased bumpes in the wrapper kind of like a ruff texture.
[snapback]211752[/snapback]​

That's what he said it was and the picture shows it. Bloom, if i'm not mistaken is a whiteish haze over the cigar that won't rub off. :)

toliver said:
This is one of the Pinar "Cubans" that I mentioned the other day. Is this mold in it?

Mold.jpg

Thanks,
TOliver
[snapback]211671[/snapback]​

wanna see something that will blow your mind ???
take a peice of papertowel and get it damp, rub THAT cigar near the cap, youll probablly find a brown stain on the p/t. these cigars are dyed, most of them anyway. very inconsistent in flavor, one may be great but the next just so-so or even bland. ive had a few and theyre not bad just not consistent.

not sure why they used a dye on these cigars but they did :(