• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moldy boxes

Rickets

I don't know if you guys have been noticing, but it seems that the most resent boxes I've received has seen some amount of mold. The worst was this last shippment of AB Tempus Centuria, where every single cigar had a bit of mold. I also could feel the moisture when I took out the cigars on inspection. They were so swollen that I couldn't put them back into the box. The bands looked like they were strangulating them.

This was the case of a few other boxes and companies. Was there a change in the shipment procedures? To over humidify and then send? Why not just send w/ humidi packs or something comprable?

No, these few boxes came from completely different retailers from different sides of the continent.

Not to thread jack, but I was at my local B&M and they have a whole box of Tatuaje Tainos that are covered in mold. Then to make matters worse I look in their high end cabinet humidor to find all there Opus's and ESG's in there. Then I saw a pack of smokes from the great smokeout 2003 with an Opus and another cigar for $99.00. And the Opus's foot was covered in mold. How can they sell smokes that are that tainted?

Exactly, but I guess these boxes I recieved were on the bottom of their stocking room or something. I have to say, all of the companies did replace w/ no questions asked. Really great to have companies like these around.