• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montague Cigars?? anyone ever heard?

Firestorm

Hey Gang. I posted this about 10 minutes ago and it is not showing.......vanished.. so if this ends up being a repost I apologize in advance.

I am notorious for shopping at 40 or 50 online shops to compare prices, and research things that catch my interest. This brings me to my current question.

Apparently the company that produced a line which was well rated as little as a year ago just merged with the Company who makes " La Gloria Cobana". The net result of this merge was that the Montague line was axed in the merger. After reading descriptions these sound like good smokes. One of the onlines are selling the remaining stock of these for $39 a box. If they are decent a good buy.....if they are not.. not much wasted. If they DO happen to be good they will be getting very hard to come by.

(Of course if they suck they will join the dog rockets, courtesy of my neighbor's dog, which adorn my front lawn)

Anyways... here is the question. Does anyone have first or 2nd hand information on this line so I have some idea what to expect?

Thanks!

Montague cigars according to my Perelman's was made in Indonesia. The filler is a mixture of Brazilian/Indonesian tobacco with an Indonesian binder, and it's wrapper is either Brazilian(Maduro) or Indonesian(Natural) tobacco.

I've smoked a couple of the maduro Montagues a while ago. It wasn't a dog rocket, but it wasn't something I would want a box of. JMHO.

I have smoked many"inexpensive" cigaars. I haven't even heard of this line. I say forget about it and go get some connies...#9, 17, 30, 73 maduros...Trust me....you won't believe the value...

Emo