• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte#2

BahamaTom

I just finished smoking this beautiful cigar from a box I have from '05. When I received it, my vendor told me put them to bed for a long time. What a silly suggestion, I thought. Well, I have had 5 in the last few years, and they were all bland to mediocre at best.

This cigar was a medium brown, with no noticable oils. It was relatively firm when squeezed, and the bunching at the foot seemed slightly loose.

I clipped the point at an angle (ala Kingantz... :thumbs: ). The prelight draw was perfect in regards to resistance, and tasted of mild spice with a bid of cinnamon. The first third of the cigar was good, but not great. A bit spicey, slightly sweet, but not much complexity to speak of. I was thinking, "Oh great. What do I have to give these cigars, 10 years of rest?"

To the half-way point, much of the same, maybe a bit more bland. I had an '08 Genios this morning with coffee, and it was lack-luster at best. I thought this was not my day for cigars...

But then, all of a sudden, the cigar came to life, and I mean big time! Gingerbread, nutmeg, cinnamon, spice, pepper... You name it, this cigar had it! As complex and full-flavored as any cigar I've had to date. It was really fantastic! I smoked this cigar as long as I could, and was sorry to put it down... I almost went to grab another!

The #4's and Edmundos share these flavors, IMO, but not to this extent. Anyway, this cigar finished brilliantly.

I don't post too often; I am more of a "read more, post a lot less" kind of guy. But, I thought I had to share this experience with the board. And, sorry for the lack of pictures... I hope you can use your imaginations! :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading...

Regards,

BT

Thanks for the review. I love the Monte #2. Every one I've had has been consistently good. I haven't gotten the chance to try one with any real age yet as I can never let them sit. Glad your patience paid off!

You cannot beat a Monte No. 2 that is hitting just right! The last one I smoked was absolutely fantastic, shame as it was literally the last one I had. :laugh: Excellent review my friend!