• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte #3's

emodx

Banned
I stumbled(literally) into a little trinket shop in Roatan Honduras in the bad side of town. Was looking at some really nice hand carved wooden chests when I ran into a cabinet humidor. Went looking at the selection of cigars, most your basic cheap every day cigars. Down there, everything is bundled in cellophane. They had 4-5 bundles of HdM Excalibers for $38 American, so probably could have walked with all the bundles for $30 each. I decided against it because I was just heading out for the evening of bar hopping.
I was about to close the cabinet when I saw 5 coffee mugs full of assorted singles. After rummaging around I found 2 Monte #3's for $3 each. Examined the band and found it to be on tight and all original. Someone had put them in loose fitting cello to keep them safe I guess. Too bad those were the only Cubans I found on the entire Island. So I am gonna let them settle in the tupperware for another 10 days. I'll torch one up the evening before I pull into home port. And if they are fakes, I'll give one to one of the non-smokers that always mooch when I light one up. Can't wait to get home.

Emo

Oh yeah, one last port call in Cozumel...LCDH here I come!!! Woo hoo... :thumbs:

stay safe bro' glad your having some fun to!!

emodx
if you were in "coxen hole" there is no good side of town(what a "sh!thole").was there for 2 weeks in '99 and 12 days in '00...fantastic diving out at westend and a nice little bar"twisted toucan".

there is a place to get single habanos in westend at "sueno del mar"diveshop but would not trust anywere in honduras(let alone roatan)to sell real habanos.

hope you are havin' fun
derrek

We tied up at Coxen Hole pier....Pretty bad. But I spent my 3 days down at west end. Each night I found myself down at Twisted Toucan. The lady that owns it is also from Florida. The place I found probably didn't know what they had. The guy was trying to sell me some new type of Honduran cigar I never heard of that is "hot" in Europe right now. When he had to ask the lady how much they were, and she said, "I dunno, how does $3 each sound?", I just had to jump. Anyway's, I had a blast there. But crazy friend bought a horse for the 3 days and rode it everywhere. LOL.
Emo