• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte #5 - Opinions

Vegas1

Can anyone give me opinions on this cigar? I was thinking of picking some up for winter time smoking. I've had quite a few cigars from the Monte line, but not this one.I'm now smoking Partagas Shorts and Punch Petit Punch (I really enjoy both) but my supplies are running low. How does it match up with these cigars as far as price, strength, etc..Thanks

I've not had a Monte #5 since last June. I have however had several #4's and all save for a few have been great. Even the recent production ones were good. So, to answer your question, nope I can't help with the #5's. :)

I have a pair of Monte #5s in my Humidor right now. I haven't tried either of them yet, but will probably smoke one tomorrow night. They look and smell great.

Well, the good news that was supposed to provide the reason to celebrate with one of my precious Montes didn't arrive today. Sorry Vegas, but it looks I won't be smoking that stick tonight after all. :(

So goes life. Hope you get the news you what soon (and not because I what you to smoke that Monte). :biggrin:

I have tried both. I think you will
prefer the Partagas Short over the
Monte #5. Partagas is always a very
consistent brand. you know what you
are going to get. Full bodied with
lots of flavor and kick. With the
Monte 4 and 5 it is a crap shoot. When they are on they are good, not
quite a full as the Partagas but still fairly full bodied. When they
are off they are dull with no kick
in MHO. Just too many Montes are
made in the Sancti Spiritus factories. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone, guess I'll stick to my Partagas Shorts. Why mess with a good thing.

When we say" short" are we refering to petites or lesser small cigars such as a belvedere or tres petit? I absolutely agree with the remarks about partagas their entire line up of hand mades are very consistent and i have had reasonable luck with the lesser such as perfecto or the belvedere. My recent aquisition of a box of partagas petites was found to be a bit young however with plenty of humi-space and plenty on hand i can wait.

I think he ws refering to the Partagas Short, which is an actual vitola and not just a general smaller size cigar. I could be wrong though. The Partagas Short is a Minuto, measuring 4 3/8 x 42, also called a tres' petite corona.