• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte Cristo No. 1

yenwen

So, I picked up a box of Dom. Monte Cristo no. 1 and they get bitter after about 2/3 of it. I mean it gets really bitter. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the bitterness?

Bitter? Sounds about right to me. ;)
REALLY?! =*( is there anything i can do about it? cuz i love to smoke my stogies to the end but it gets bitter too fast... :(

Try the newbie sampler thread. You can get to try many different kinds of cigars. :thumbs:

And I think you ahould keep your RH at 65% or better. Cigars should not be bitter because they are stored at the right RH, 60% is too low IMO. Cigars are bitter because they suck, nothing you can really do about it but try something new. ;)

Bitter? Sounds about right to me. ;)
REALLY?! =*( is there anything i can do about it? cuz i love to smoke my stogies to the end but it gets bitter too fast... :(

Try the newbie sampler thread. You can get to try many different kinds of cigars. :thumbs:

And I think you ahould keep your RH at 65% or better. Cigars should not be bitter because they are stored at the right RH, 60% is too low IMO. Cigars are bitter because they suck, nothing you can really do about it but try something new. ;)
oh man... =( i got 7 more shits go though... yea i learned the RH by running through a whole lotta threads. so last night i orders a half pound bag of 65 RH beads from heartfelt. I plan on doing the newbie trade soon but i'm trying to figure out how much i should invest in it. haha i'm thinking atleast 100bux but i don't know if i should do more....any opinion?

Just my .02 but I have seen cigars get bitter if they are smoked too fast and they get hot..

Also, some cigars will sap at the head, which is extremely bitter if you taste it with your tongue.

Just my .02 but I have seen cigars get bitter if they are smoked too fast and they get hot..

Also, some cigars will sap at the head, which is extremely bitter if you taste it with your tongue.
Well, I've learned to smoke a bit slower now and the rest of my cigars don't get bitter. Just this one gets bitter at almost the half point and i don't think i smoked it too fast... i'll definitely try smoking it slower to see if that'll work out. what do you mean by "sap at the head"

Some cigars "some 06 AF" have "leaked" (could be a compliation of nicotine and tar?) and it has a very bitter taste.

Some cigars "some 06 AF" have "leaked" (could be a compliation of nicotine and tar?) and it has a very bitter taste.
"06 AF"?? ""leaked"" man i'm confused would you mind explaining to me what you're talking about? If it is a combination of nicotine and tar would aging help improve the taste?

"06 AF"?? ""leaked"" man i'm confused would you mind explaining to me what you're talking about? If it is a combination of nicotine and tar would aging help improve the taste?

I would not so much call it leaking. To me, I would call it resin. But I am an old pot head. Kind of like a runny tar. It is the residue left from the smoke that has traveled through the cigar. It sometimes collects by the head (the part you put in your mouth) and gets in your mouth and tastes like shit. I have only experienced it to where it was a problem (in a cigar) a couple of times but there will always be a build up of resin along the cigar as it is smoked. That is part of what makes a cigar change flavors as you smoke it, because you smoke the resins that are deposited on the tobacco that hasn't been burned yet.

I guess the '06 AFs are just extra juicy! :laugh:

Nicotine is only present in very small amounts in tobacco. Nicotine is one of the most potent drugs that there is. A drop, of pure nicotine, the size of a head of a pin can kill you. Also one of the most addictive drugs that there is.

I hope that helps.

Back