• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecrisco White

Josh

Chronically Misinformed
If I had to pick one brand of cigar to smoke for the rest of my life, it would without a doubt be Montecristo. I also have a creamy cigar fetish, and more often than not smoke medium-bodied cigars. So when I found out about the Montecristo White, I immediately dreamed of having found my perfect cigar. To the contrary I soon learned, but you can't win 'em all.

I tried two of these, a week apart or so, just to make sure that I didn't get a bum stick the first round. The first was a Belicoso #2 (52 x 6.125") and the latter being a Churchill (54 x 7"). Being that the Churchill is still quite fresh on my mind, it's what I'll be reviewing, with references to the first.

The cigar wasn't the easiest to light, but I take my sweet time when lighting and it was rather large. A few puffs in and I notice two things: it tastes bitter and has a very slight trace of ammonia. The ammonia taste was a bit new to me, but the Belicoso was also bitter as I recall.

A few more puffs and the ammonia fades away, and the bitterness reduces to a tolerable (but not terribly enjoyable) level. At this point I notice a creamy kind of taste, and perhaps a little woody, maybe cedar-like.

As it burned down the cedar flavor faded fast and I spent the next hour and a half smoking a boringly bland though slightly creamy cigar. To the end it stayed this way, and was disappointingly un-complex. I honestly don't think additional aging would make it less bitter, but would surely take out the hint of ammonia, though it was likely just a fluke. And were it not even bitter, it was still just too bland.

On the plus side, the cream was nice, and it burned even and had a perfect draw. It was also a veeeeeery attractive cigar, but the wrapping (on both) was weak. I tend to smoke while I drive, and remove ashes sticking the cigar out the window and letting the wind do the work for me. On both cigars at about halfway down the wrapping tore, and managed to do a good bit of unraveling as I finished it.

All in all I wouldn't recommend one for the price, or even half the price. I guess Montecristo had to disappoint me sooner or later.

Mmm... Crisco... :lookup: Suddenly I wish I could edit titles. :angry:

Wildcard said:
If I had to pick one brand of cigar to smoke for the rest of my life, it would without a doubt be Montecristo. I also have a creamy cigar fetish, and more often than not smoke medium-bodied cigars. So when I found out about the Montecristo White, I immediately dreamed of having found my perfect cigar. To the contrary I soon learned, but you can't win 'em all.

I tried two of these, a week apart or so, just to make sure that I didn't get a bum stick the first round. The first was a Belicoso #2 (52 x 6.125") and the latter being a Churchill (54 x 7"). Being that the Churchill is still quite fresh on my mind, it's what I'll be reviewing, with references to the first.

The cigar wasn't the easiest to light, but I take my sweet time when lighting and it was rather large. A few puffs in and I notice two things: it tastes bitter and has a very slight trace of ammonia. The ammonia taste was a bit new to me, but the Belicoso was also bitter as I recall.

A few more puffs and the ammonia fades away, and the bitterness reduces to a tolerable (but not terribly enjoyable) level. At this point I notice a creamy kind of taste, and perhaps a little woody, maybe cedar-like.

As it burned down the cedar flavor faded fast and I spent the next hour and a half smoking a boringly bland though slightly creamy cigar. To the end it stayed this way, and was disappointingly un-complex. I honestly don't think additional aging would make it less bitter, but would surely take out the hint of ammonia, though it was likely just a fluke. And were it not even bitter, it was still just too bland.

On the plus side, the cream was nice, and it burned even and had a perfect draw. It was also a veeeeeery attractive cigar, but the wrapping (on both) was weak. I tend to smoke while I drive, and remove ashes sticking the cigar out the window and letting the wind do the work for me. On both cigars at about halfway down the wrapping tore, and managed to do a good bit of unraveling as I finished it.

All in all I wouldn't recommend one for the price, or even half the price. I guess Montecristo had to disappoint me sooner or later.
Pretty much mimicks my underwhelming experience with the two I've tried :(

Thanks for the review.

Cheers,
Dixie

Just the ad for this cigar makes me laugh and shy away from it. That guy in the white tuxedo just kills me and makes me think the cigar is as cheezy as he is :)