• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo 85

emodx

Banned
Montecristo No. 1 85 was accompanied by a nice port. Thanks for the stick Lee!

APPEARANCE: This chocolate brown cigar was rustic looking. Medium sized veins spiderweb this stick. The wrapper seems to be lifting off a little at the foot. A few water spots and a fairly ugly cap. The silky wrapper was not the strong point of this cigar. 16/20

CONSTRUCTION: This stick was solid from head to foot. The punch went fine and the prelight draw was tight. The cigar burned evenly for the most part. But it would tend to correct itself for the most part. Beautiful firm white ash that holds until you flick it off. 19/20

FLAVOR: This was an intriuging cigar. I couldn't really put my finger on when certain flavors began and others subsided. It started off with a light cedar and floral taste in the mild tobbaco flavor. At the 1/3 point I realized the floral part of the flavor subsided and was replaced with a light chocolate taste. A little later the cedar flavor exchanged with a nice nutty taste. In the last 1/3 the chocolate subsided a nice minty/floral flavor mingled with the nice nutty taste. Now I understand why cigar lovers cherish aged cigars. 47/50

OVERALL: If it wasn't for the very mild start, I would have scored this higher. But I totally enjoyed this cigar! 9/10

91/100

Emo

Nice review! Got anymore Lee? LMAO :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: