• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Afrique

Peter_K

Last week I was in Costco and came across a cigar display. I bought a box of 10 Sublimation. 42 X 5 1/16 glass tube beauties. $45 for 10. Yeah, JR has them on sale for a few bucks more but with a jacket and a hat. Couldn't picture myself wearing that geeky combo. So, I bought the box from Costco.

Good choice. Smoked one today and was a happy guy. Firm construction with easy draw. Beautiful dark wrapper, small veins, oily look. Easy to light and keep lit. Burned straight from the start to the nub. 45 minutes of grin. This was a keeper.

Do you think JR will ever have one of these on their 1AM specials? If so I'm there.

You really liked it that much!!??
I had one (and only one) of these. I know one cigar is not enough to condem or praise. But, I tried the Kilimangaro (SP?) I thought it was good. Beutiful constrructiuon, nice burn, perfectly easy draw, but it was just too darn one-dimensional. All I tasted was cedar from torch to nub. Don't get me wrong!, cedar is fine, but not when it's all by itself and not when it costs $8. a pop!
Just my 2 cents

I love the Afriques. Especially the Uhurus. They have a very unique taste that I find very much to my liking.

Pepe - I would be surprised if JR's has a 1am on these anytime soon. They have the exclusive on them online. But they almost always have some kind of new deal on them with every catalogue.

I bought mine from Holts online so you can get them elsewhere

BTW dukecitycigars.com has the Kilimanjaro on special for 5 for $4.79 each. The catch is you have to buy at least $10 of other cigars at the same time.

Pepe said:
BTW dukecitycigars.com has the Kilimanjaro on special for 5 for $4.79 each. The catch is you have to buy at least $10 of other cigars at the same time.
Thanks for the head's up Pepe. I'm gonna have to get in on that deal :thumbs: