• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Buena Fortuna (Maduro)

Anthony

Advertising Space -- Available Here
Construction: Dark maduro wrapper, some small-medium veins, a little bumpy and dry-feeling. Firm feel, light weight.

Prelight: Good medium draw, flavor of cocoa, nuts, a little spice. Aroma has hints of nuts and cocoa.

Initial smoke: Woody/leathery flavors with a light spicy kick.

First 1/2 is noticeably more mild than the natural wrapper Buena Fortuna. Nice flavors, woody/nutty, with mild spice and slight leather aftertaste. Into the second 1/2, the spice picks up a bit, along with a bit of sweet caramel aftertaste. Burn is good, got a little uneven at one point but self-corrected. The last inch or so toward the nub was a lot fuller bodied, or at least seemed it, than the rest of the smoke but flavors remained nice.

Overall I actually preferred the natural Buena Fortuna to the Maduro, but they are both very good smokes.

buenafortunamad1.jpg

buenafortunamad2.jpg

buenafortunamad3.jpg

buenafortunamad4.jpg

I have a fiver of these sitting in the humi, waiting for their time. I had one years ago that I remember being excellent, so that inspired me to check them out once again. Still remains to be seen if they are as good as I remember or if my tastebuds have changed. Thanks for the review.