• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Edmundos Vs. No 2

Great King Rat

Do they use the same blend?

How about construction and consistency? Are they better than No 2's

Which do you prefer?

anything has gotta be better than #2s. They produce too many and you might get a good one out of ten. Sorry, just don't dig the montes.

Now if the edmundo was a smaller production run, i'd be game. I like that size! :thumbs:

I agree No 2's have been so, so, lately.

That is why I need to know if the Ed'd are worth trying?

Myself, I'd take a No. 2 hands down over an Edmundo. The Edmundo's that I have had have been boring. Just my 0.02.

And I thought the 02's were boring.

I guess I have to stay clear of Montis for good now. Have not had a great Monti yet. I do have few No.4's left which are ok for an everyday smoke.

Too bad, I had found a good deal on the ED's.

KayakinBoy said:
anything has gotta be better than #2s.  They produce too many and you might get a good one out of ten.  Sorry, just don't dig the montes.

Now if the edmundo was a smaller production run, i'd be game.  I like that size! :thumbs:
[snapback]247019[/snapback]​
I'm glad I only bought a "fiver", 'cause the one which I had so far was fantastic! But then again, it could have been the JD&Coke I had to go along with it :D . Go with the #2's, they are a fantasitic smoke!

C&R

Since 2003, my experience has been that the No. 2s have had a strong return to the great reputation they enjoyed and then lost for a few years. I am enjoying some awesome Monte 2s now with date codes from ABR03 through DIC04...Big flavor profiles - like dark chocolate and coffee and that Habana twang is definitely present again.

The Edmundos are just ok for me ---not bad but certainly nothing to write home about - kind of dull and flat at times but other sticks from the same box deliver a "nice" smoke... I would pick the No. 2s over the Edmundos.

Dock hit the nail on the head. The difference between my '02s and '03s is amazing. I would even go so far as to say the '03s are full bodied. I haven't smoked an Edmundo yet so I can't comment on them.

lucasbuck said:
Dock hit the nail on the head. The difference between my '02s and '03s is amazing. I would even go so far as to say the '03s are full bodied. I haven't smoked an Edmundo yet so I can't comment on them.

Bro. Lucas,

Send my your snailer and let's see what we can do to fix that situation.
Best Fraternal....................DocRKS

Thanks, most generous of you Bro. Roman. But I've got a fiver which I just haven't gotten around to yet. In fact I think I might have put one in my on deck humi months ago. Maybe I'll smoke it this weekend. Thanks again for the offer Doc!

I'll take the #2 over the Eddy any day of the week. The #2 is similar to my beloved Colts; sometimes they are so-so, and sometimes they're better than anything else out there.

I'm not a bandwagon guy, (Not knocking any of you guys, you're doing me a favor by passing up the #2's for the eddy's, better chance for me to get them!)I'll stick with the tried and true and get consistant satisfaction.

My No.2's have been so-so, too. I've got one left and aging it for some time before I smoke again.

Now, I've had the Monte C LE. It was a good cigar. Nice "maduro" wrapper with that unique Monte taste. I prefer the Partagas No. 1 LE's for the money.

ree ree robusto said:
My No.2's have been so-so, too. I've got one left and aging it for some time before I smoke again.

Now, I've had the Monte C LE. It was a good cigar. Nice "maduro" wrapper with that unique Monte taste. I prefer the Partagas No. 1 LE's for the money.
[snapback]248530[/snapback]​

The Monte C LE is my favorite smoke! For me, it begins and ends with this stick. I cant imagine anything better.

C&R

The Edmundos don't even taste like a Montecristo to me. They are boring and one dimnensional in my opinion. The number 2 needs a lot of aging, my 98's are smoking great right now and my 01's are surprisingly almost as good. In general the 2 needs a good 5 years but these 01's go against the usual 5 year rule.

I'm partial to the #2's. Have a box from 10/04 that need more time but still smoking pretty good right now.

Never had an Eddie, partially because the reviews have turned me off to them. Have to agree with Doc also. The #2s have gotten better.

Gregor

I've only had one Edmundos and I didn't care for it. I judged it as a young cigar so I was being open. The Siglo VI is a much better smoke, though time may prover otherwise. I'd go with #2.

Hmmmm... I've been thinking about picking up some Montes #2 as well, but this thread has me a little concerned only because I've never tried one. I've heard such great things about them so I thought I might join in on all the fun. :)

Are the negative reviews (by guys on this thread) maybe due to the fact that they smoked some which weren't aged adequately? If I get a box, I intend to bury it in my humi for at least a year (longer if I can muster up the will power).

theorangeman said:
Hmmmm... I've been thinking about picking up some Montes #2 as well, but this thread has me a little concerned only because I've never tried one. I've heard such great things about them so I thought I might join in on all the fun. :)

Are the negative reviews (by guys on this thread) maybe due to the fact that they smoked some which weren't aged adequately? If I get a box, I intend to bury it in my humi for at least a year (longer if I can muster up the will power).
[snapback]251955[/snapback]​
Orangeman, take the plunge! The Monte'#2 is a must have. The Monte's have this twangy flavor which is very unique. Worst case scenario, if you don't like them, you wouldn't have any trouble getting rid of them!

C&R

p.m. if you make the purchase and wind up not liking them. :whistling:

theorangeman said:

[snapback]251955[/snapback]​

The Monte 2 is notoriously incosistant because it is mass produced and rolled in several factories...I'd take look at the Upmann 2.