• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo no. 2

sok454

Justo finishing my first Cuban no.2. 2 hrs. Wow. Worth the 17.00. Although I may be ripped from it.

Monte 2's are just fantastic cigars, and worth the money IMHO.  But $17.00 a stick on those is a pretty high markup.  Granted, I've only bought them in boxes, but at $230-$250 per box, the per stick price is much lower.

Great cigars though and not a huge deal if you paid a little extra for your first one.

Brickhouse said:
Monte 2's are just fantastic cigars, and worth the money IMHO.  But $17.00 a stick on those is a pretty high markup.  Granted, I've only bought them in boxes, but at $230-$250 per box, the per stick price is much lower.

Great cigars though and not a huge deal if you paid a little extra for your first one.

I'll usually pay a bit more for a single of a new cigar (to me) to see if I like it. Then it's on to boxes :)

#2's have really been 'on' lately.  Not a bad time to stick a box or two in the cabinet..... :cool:

BlindedByScience said:
#2's have really been 'on' lately.  Not a bad time to stick a box or two in the cabinet..... :cool:

I haven't purchased any lately. Are you referring to the 2014 or 2015 box codes? The ones I'm currently smoking are from 13 and those are great.

I have 2014's that are smoking great now.  So great, box #1 has been pretty badly decimated..... :p

Nice! I was just about to place an order for some more Super Partagas, I'll add the Monte's #2 as well. Thanks!

I agree with the above! Got a box of 2's and some series d partagas and it's not even close. Those dang number twos spoiled the heck outta me, and they were the first Cubans I'd ever tried.

My cousin went to Cabo and said he would bring back "cubans" if he could. He brought back Monte 2s for 35/ea. I'm in the store the other day I see them for 15.95. What's the difference? When we say cubans are we referring to cuban brand or cuban tabacco?

Seeing how it's illegal to import Cuban cigars, how does everyone get them?

LDELPLATO said:
My cousin went to Cabo and said he would bring back "cubans" if he could. He brought back Monte 2s for 35/ea. I'm in the store the other day I see them for 15.95. What's the difference? When we say cubans are we referring to cuban brand or cuban tabacco?

The Cubans your cousin brought back are fake.  I'm not sure what store you saw them in, so it's tough to answer that piece.  Cuban brand or Cuban tobacco.....same thing.

OldGob said:

We don't.  It's illegal, as you stated.  Also, read the forum rules before asking this sort of question.

OldGob said:
If you're on a handheld device, you get a pass on this question. Otherwise, as was advised, see the Red letters called rules. Follow them, spend time here, contribute, you'll be fine.

C
LDELPLATO said:
As was stated those Cubans you got off the beach are likely fake. The only place to buy in Mexico is la casa del habanao, even then unless you know what you're looking at, or smoking, you maybe getting fakes.

Cuban, refers to both brands and tobacco. General cigar and Altadis own and produce most well know Cuban brand for sale in the U.S.these do not consist of Cuban tobacco, as it is illegal in the U.S.