• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Robusto Edición Limitada 2000

bpj87

Go Bulldogs!
Having completed the fall semester of my senior year of college, I decided to celebrate with one of my best smokes, a Montecristo Robustos Edición Limitada 2000. I don't have a camera with me, but this is the one without a year written on the EL band, which, I believe, makes it the 2000 release, rather than the 2001.

I just shaved the cap ever so slightly with my Palio and lit her up. I am currently about halfway through the smoke, but I can already declare that this ranks up there with my greatest smoking experiences of all time. For my palate, these are as good as Fundadores when they are showing well, PAMs, 1926 Maduros, and Anejos. These have the classic Monte bean and citrus profile but with much more refinement and complexity. I can taste cocoa, cafe au lait, woodiness, light spice, and more. Nonetheless, identifying individual flavor components is not important to me. As a whole, the smoke is perfectly balanced with all notes in harmony.

If you are lucky enough to have these, smoke one now. I can only surmise that they are at a great point in their development, and I can only see them losing intensity with more age. While they may become more complex, these Montes have a perfect balance of strength, flavor, and class right now. In other words: They don't suck! :thumbs:

Nice review on a cigar I hope to track down one day. Oh, and congrats on almost finishing your degree :thumbs:

Yes. You are correct about the band and dates.

These have been smoking wonderful for a while now!

The last one I had was around this time last year...hmmmm..... :D

:thumbs:

Congratulations Bryan! Excellent choice of smokes. I actually just smoked my first of these yesterday evening. It really is something special! It would have been better if not for some draw and burn issues, I think due to being a little overhumidified. I'm going to revisit them soon, once the rH comes down a little.

I have a few Monte's sitting in my humi. waiting to be burned. Nothing as exclusive as this, but a Monte none the less. Good review, and congrats on your education. I will be heading back to start a masters