• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Serie V

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I picked up four of these bad boys at Up In Smoke in North Dallas this evening. They were a bit pricey, but they were having a tasting, so I decided to support my local stores and buy some. I also picked up an Ashton #60 Maduro (should be niiiice). I smoked this Serie V after eating some delicious homemade pizza and while listening to the great Sean Hannity on WBAP here in Dallas.

With the natural wrapper, I did not expect such a fine smoke. I, like most people, expected a bit less flavor since it was not a maduro. I expected to have to put up with a bit of a dull cigar since I didn't want the kick that a maduro wrapper brings. I was misguided.

This Serie V was smooth. It was as smooth as any well-made cigar can be. I smoked one of the smaller sizes so naturally, it ran a bit hot at times, but nothing above average. The smoke was creamy and did not just disappear in the air. It hung there with me, allowing me to savor it until I was ready to let it go away.

The cigar left a smooth aftertaste that I would describe as layered and tasty. It hangs on your palate, waving itself over you like a soft breeze. Each time you taste it again, a new flavor is present. I detected notes of chestnut? Ahhh, I am reaching for words to describe it. Let's just agree that I found it to be tasteful.

If you are looking for a soft, silky smoke that will relax you at night, this would be it. These Montecristo Serie V are the best natural wrapper cigar I have ever smoked and are welcome in my humidor anytime, even at full retail.

Glad to hear it..I've yet to smoke a non isom monti..but i think i'll be in possession of one soon. :)

Me too. I've got a couple of corona gordas that have been patiently waiting their turn. I think maybe they just got put near the front of the line. Thanks for the review McP.

Those are very good cigars! The other non-Habana Monty's I like are the Peruvian blend Monty's. YUM!

Hey great review McP. I've got 2 sittin in my humi that I've been wanting to try, and now with a positive review, I'll be grabbin one to fire up soon I think :)

Smokin one right now while I watch Colorado Springs Utilities rip up the street in front of my house to fix a water main that broke this afternoon. I hope they fix it soon, cause I gotta pee. The pee pee dance was just getting in full swing too over the Trinis I'm getting. Now it's off the scale. Anyway....Monte Serie V -> good gar!!

Nice review McP! Looks like I've got to try this stick.... sounds like a good one!

Aloha,

Wade