• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Sublimes EL

Spanishcedar

Premium Grade Lumber Stock
Is there anyone out there that can convince me to get a 10'er box of these?

I've had so much experience, just like the rest of the cigar community, with the inconsistency of Montys.

Are they truly worth ~ $25 a pop?

I don't know, I guess I'm just looking for some motivation. Can anyone say they've gotten a box and been leaning towards getting another one?

This thread < link... has really got me on the brink of boycotting EL boxes... more for the rest of ya ;)

I wasn't real impressed with them. I wouldn't buy again, I would spend my money on my faves or some nice Padrons.

Are they worth $18? Are they worth $8?

How are you putting value on these...just in $$$?

"...and a flute with no holes is not a flute." -Ty

A lot (at least 50%) of the cigars that I've bought are cigars that I'll probably never even smoke (unfortunately). The purpose for some purchases is that I can bury the sticks and hope that someday, after some serious aging, I'll find the box in question and be able to sample at that point. I'm not really concerned with how certain cigars will smoke when they're fresh. Although, when I'm after a consistently good smoke I've never been disappointed by anything Padron. You could grab a box of the FR #45 for the same money. :whistling: :D

--->edited for grammar

The Monte Sublimes are my all out favorite of the CC LEs. Simply fantastic. I haven't had the serious issues that many others have had, but I have had a few loose draws. I've gone through several boxes and have yet to be seriously disappointed. I think these cigars have the legs to age quite well.

I wasn't real impressed with them. I wouldn't buy again, I would spend my money on my faves or some nice Padrons.

Now that's a good thought!

I'm not, if that were the case they would be stock options. What do you think about them... flavor, burn, aging potential... etc. Any quality of a cigar than can be subjectively measured; however, it does, unfortunately, add up to a dollar amount and a decision must be made based on that. This is mainly due to the fact that money is not an unlimited source for me. The price of a cigar is never the only factor for me (and noone that I'm aware of that smokes them), on the other hand it is in the top 3 category of final decision making.

"...and a flute with no holes is not a flute." -Ty

A lot (at least 50%) of the cigars that I've bought are cigars that I'll probably never even smoke (unfortunately). The purpose for some purchases is that I can bury the sticks and hope that someday, after some serious aging, I'll find the box in question and be able to sample at that point. I'm not really concerned with how certain cigars will smoke when they're fresh. Although, when I'm after a consistently good smoke I've never been disappointed by anything Padron. You could grab a box of the FR #45 for the same money. :whistling: :D

--->edited for grammar

A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

The Monte Sublimes are my all out favorite of the CC LEs. Simply fantastic. I haven't had the serious issues that many others have had, but I have had a few loose draws. I've gone through several boxes and have yet to be seriously disappointed. I think these cigars have the legs to age quite well.

Speak words of encouragement you do! Thanks... exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Try one and see if you like it.

I can tell you I like it, but it's your taste that has to be satisfied.

Let me ask this, do you like a 'double double'?
Are they good, what about the cheese?
Are they worth the $ for all the calories?

;)

;)

haha, wonderful burgers... definitely worth the caloric load! They could use some age on them though :laugh:

Thanks for the advice, your right, I'll just have to try one out. Who knows... maybe I can find 1 or 2 to sample for box buying potential.

wink.gif

haha, wonderful burgers... definitely worth the caloric load! They could use some age on them though
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice, your right, I'll just have to try one out. Who knows... maybe I can find 1 or 2 to sample for box buying potential.

Do some looking around...find Evil Dr. Moki's Blind Taste Test...it's a pretty interesting read!
thumbs-up.gif

;)

Hell yea they're worth it. Double double animal style. Good news/bad news is that they are opening one up about 3 miles from my house...the bad news part is that I'll weigh 10 pounds more next year.

As for the Monte Sublime, Montes just don't do it for me. Good smokes, but nothing that makes me go wild, so I've not gone out of my way to acquire or try one. Good luck.

wink.gif

Hell yea they're worth it. Double double animal style. Good news/bad news is that they are opening one up about 3 miles from my house...the bad news part is that I'll weigh 10 pounds more next year.

As for the Monte Sublime, Montes just don't do it for me. Good smokes, but nothing that makes me go wild, so I've not gone out of my way to acquire or try one. Good luck.

Hadn't hear that In-N-Out had branched out to AZ. I grew up with them in Cali, and every time I go back there is more and more of them. Know the one in Vegas as well. Great burger...the only thing that comes close in NYC is Danny Meyer's Shake Shack. Today being April Fool's Day...someone here is playing a prank on New Yorkers...April Fool's Link

wink.gif

Hadn't hear that In-N-Out had branched out to AZ. I grew up with them in Cali, and every time I go back there is more and more of them. Know the one in Vegas as well. Great burger...the only thing that comes close in NYC is Danny Meyer's Shake Shack. Today being April Fool's Day...someone here is playing a prank on New Yorkers...April Fool's Link

LOL...I feel sorry for you NYers. Shake Shack is VERY good, just not In-n-Out. This will be the third Tucson location and the only thing that has stopped me from eating more double doubles are that the two existing locations are just too damn far to go to more than once a week.

A Double Double is something different up here in Canada.

Even if you get a box and don't like them I am sure you could get rid of them pretty quick. There are plenty of people that do like them.

I love the Monte Sublimes. Great sticks and different enough from the standard Monte profile. Worth $25...that's your call. I didn't pay that for mine. But then again, I don't know how many are left.

I love the Monte Sublimes. Great sticks and different enough from the standard Monte profile. Worth $25...that's your call. I didn't pay that for mine. But then again, I don't know how many are left.

Can you unveil your source for free Cubans via PM? :laugh:

I Think I've decided that I'm going to get a box of the Monty EL's. I've read reviews, but I just won't know until I just grab a box.

**Edited for Grammar and punctuation**