• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montesino Pyramid....

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
Had my first one yesterday and boy am I supprised.
I recieved it from a Fuente dealer at a tasting on saterday. It had a Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper and acording to the dealer uses the Fuente Opus XxX binder and is the only cigar other than the Opus to use it.:eek:
It was a good looking smoke moderatly smooth in texture. Good spicy tabacco smell before lit. At first it was a very flavorful cigar pretty complex, med-full in strength(for me some may say dif). Nice dark smoke and a tight long ash. It was not even flavored all the way through, it changed 3 times during the smoke starting spicy and bold, hitting point of just power and little flavor and moving bag to a little richer flaver that at first. Smoked it to the very tappered nub! :)
I would call this a medium-full strength with good charactoristics. I would deffinately smoke another and recommed it. :biggrin:
(Edited by DarrenR at 9:15 am on April 17, 2001)

Thanks for the review, Darren. I smoke the Montesino Diplomatico as a bar smoke. Inexpensive, small enough to wield safely in a crowded bar and not bad tasting either. I haven't tried the Pyramid but now I think I will.Mack

I would deffinately recomend these Mac I am pretty sure I will add these to my rotation. :cool:

I want to echo the comments of DarrenR down to the letter. Definitely medium to full in strength.
I was lucky enough to win a box of the Montesino Pyramid from the CigarFamily weekly give away.
I received the box on Friday and finally got to burn one last evening. I agree that it started off spicy and the
flavor changed through the first 1/3rd to become a bit more buttery and rich. The last 1/2-1/3 became
richer and there were some leathery notes. The draw was a dream, the wrapper was unbelievable and there was absolutely no running, or uneven burn at all. It lasted a good 45-50 minutes on the deck on a warm spring night with the kids in bed. The only problem was I did not have a great beverage to pair it . Any suggestions? Too much for a summer beer with lots of hops. Maybe some Makers Mark?Just my thoughts.
David

Wow, I've had various Montesino over time, but never even seen the pyramid. Looks like I have a quest to fulfill now...Dave :cool:

The pyramid is the only smoke in the Montesino line that I would actually pay for. The rest of the line is just too bland for my tastes, but the sungrown pyramid is a great spicy, medium bodied, cigar.

Great review and cigar for the money...unlike a lot of other Fuente products... :0

I also enjoy the CR- SG...mmm, mmm, good

I think these suck but that's just my opinion. Bland, mild, boring, loose draw, crooked burn, multiple relights needed.

Nothing really good to say about these crappy cigars :(

coventrycat86 said:
I think these suck but that's just my opinion. Bland, mild, boring, loose draw, crooked burn, multiple relights needed.

Well, Bill why don't you tell us what you really think!!! :D

coventrycat86 said:

CC ... your just a SC junkie! ;)

The Montesino Sungrown Beli is a phenomenal smoke IMO.

I don't care for these either but love the Cuban Beli. Used to be one of my favorite smokes and I still smoke them occasionally. The Fuente Sungrowns are some of the few NC's I still enjoy. Excluding the Montesino of course :D

coventrycat86 said:

I agree.

coventrycat86 said:

Bill, how many have you had?

I had the Montesino SG Beli on Friday while debating politics quite intensly with another patron of the cigar shop I stopped at on Friday afternoon. As focused as I was on the debate at hand the cigar kept drawing my attention to it as well. My coolerdor is bursting at the seams right now and I have managed to make room for one more box. I was initially thinking of putting a box of C.A.O. Italia, MX2, or Criollo in there, but after smoking that Montesino I am having second thoughts.

I did have to make 1 touch up to the cigar 1/2 way through after I had ignored it for 10 minutes. I have had several Fuente Sungrowns this year (Flor Fina 8-5-8, & Cheateau) and believe I actually like the Montesino a bit better.

-Matt-