• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montesino Super Belicoso Sungrown

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Well here is another nice cigar. I acquired these thru a box-split, that was purchased thru JR's madness special, the price was $98.00 which is half the normal price. "If you are not familiar with this cigar, I will give some background info. From Tabacalera Fuente and the Newman family comes the Montesino Super Belicoso Sungrown. This is a big, brassy belicoso wrapped in a dark, sungrown Ecuadorian Sumatran leaf and densely packed with Piloto Cubano fillers" This cigar is handmade in the Dominican Republic. When I first looked at this cigar I noticed how well constructed the feel was, nice and firm with a slight softness upon palpation, outer leaf was a beautiful mahogany color with a nice leathery sheen look. The aroma was earthy and pleasant. I used a guillotine to snip the end, and the draw was very easy. Upon toasting it, the cigar emitted a pleasent cedar aroma with light gray smoke. The first draw had essence of pepper and cocoa to it, and the taste was light with no bitterness. I had this cigar with a glass of lemon water. This cigar maintained it's flavor of pepper throughout the smoke, and I detected some subtle flavors of cocoa and cedar, and a slight earthy taste, all where pleasant. Overall the cigar was of medium flavor, with the flavors that I did taste seemed to be subdued, I will credit this to the fact that the cigar was very young and still in need of maturing, but for a young cigar it was complex, I will not say that this is in the same class of the VSG, but I will go out on a limb and say it is right up there, if not better than the 858 Sungrown. If you like sungrown cigars, you will not be disapointed with this one.
Size: 6.75 x 54

Construction - 4.75

Taste - 4.00 (Due to young age)

Value - 4.75

Overall - 4.50 ( On a scale of 0 to 5)

I would like to thank SD_Stack for letting me partake in his box that he purchased. You are awesome.

ParaGod said:
I would like to thank SD_Stack for letting me partake in his box that he purchased. You are awesome.
I am ain't I...

:sign:

ego.gif

edit:
I guess I should spend more than 5 minutes on creating these things!

Websters:

Ego: An exaggerated sense of self-importance.

-----

boeman: There is not anything exaggerated about my feelings of importance. I am what's happening in North Carolina.

heheheheheheh :D

:sign:

I have noticed that many on the CP forum likes the Sungrown sticks very much. I have never tryed one, if some one coulde recommend any for me to try. I know you like Ashton VSG but is their more out their to try?

Im very excited to try those SG-sticks....

This has been my staple cigar for a year and a half now. The leaf used is from a diff part of the plant, but is the same as used for the VSG. It is the most consistant mid-priced sungrown I have found...love it, just love it!

:D i got that same box a few weeks ago, midnight madness. i feel the same way about the cigar. its my new favoret. i love the size and feel of it. you feel like you are smoking a CIGAR! heheheh

its nice to know there are some better ones than this out there.. cant wait to try them. being a newbie is fun, get to discover all the new things!

Azon said:
I have noticed that many on the CP forum likes the Sungrown sticks very much. I have never tryed one, if some one coulde recommend any for me to try. I know you like Ashton VSG but is their more out their to try?

Im very excited to try those SG-sticks....
Arturo Fuente line:
Chateau Fuente SG
Double Chateau Fuente SG
Flor Fina 858 SG(rare)
Cuban Belicoso (among my favorites..especially for the price)
Chateau Royal Salute SG

Sungrowns are the typical AF wrapping with cedar lined cello..and most important, the BLACK band on the foot. Green ribbon means shade grown.

I suppose I should add the latest release, a sungrown hemingway. I would take the cuban belicoso over it anyday of the week.