• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monty # 5's

Maggs44

I was thinking of getting a box of Monty # 5

How do they compare with RASCC or San Cristobal - El Principe, (I really like both, but always looking for varity)?

Bruce

Well first off, a Monte #5 is a Perlas and the RASCC & SC El Principe are Minutos so they are different dimensions (a Cohiba Siglo I is a perlas as are Punch Petit Punch, RyJ Petit Princess and Diplo #5).

Secondly, I think Monte's basically suck so I wouldn't buy them anyway :D

If you're hell bent on a perlas, go with the Punch Petit Punch. If you want a minuto, either RASCC & SC El Principe are your best bet.

I actually had a Monte 5 that I enjoyed very much, last night as a matter of fact. I think Monte's and Diplo's taste very similar so you could try them as well if you like the profile. I also had two El Principes last night and would probably go that route even though they are slightly different sizes, but I always have Monte #5's in the humi cause I like 'em for short smokes.

I have only tried a few of these each and so far I prefer the SC. But you might also consider Punch - Petit Coronations A/T. 4 1/2 x 40

BCJ's blow all over Minutos away. For Perlas you can't beat a Siglo I :love:

I know the sizes are not exact, the # 5's are on sale, thats the only reason I was thinking about getting those.

Maggs44 said:
I know the sizes are not exact, the # 5's are on sale, thats the only reason I was thinking about getting those.
[snapback]150128[/snapback]​

Ordered mine today. As I say, I always have some on hand.

lets call em tpc's and skip the minut(o)e differences...

best tpc's young

sigloI and jlo patricias

best with age

boli coronas junior...#1
party shorts & sc el principe...tied for #2

only my opinion of course

monty#5's have had 5 so far from a box of feb'01 and i wouldnt throw em out...100% monty's in taste and how they age...if you can find em 3 years old #5's are a treat and nice change.

something not to pass up(if you get the chance)is a cab of ryj tpc's...the strongest cigars i have ever had...wouldnt even consider smoking them before 5 or 6 or 7 years tho.

derrek :D

Well, my point is that they are different sizes/vitolas by approximately the same proportions as the differences between a Corona Gorda & a Julieta so I don't think they should be lumped together for comparison purposes ;)

Minuto is one of my favorite vitolas and perlas is one of my least favorite. To me a 4 x 40 is significantly smaller than a 4 3/8 x 42. I'm also not a fan of the Franciscanos vitola either.

Have a box of the #5s on order....Never had one but the size is what I'm looking for.....AND I DIG THE MONTE FLAVOR.

STYX&STONED said:
Have a box of the #5s on order....Never had one but the size is what I'm looking for.....AND I DIG THE MONTE FLAVOR.
[snapback]152237[/snapback]​

Okay Gary, you send me all your SC's and I'll send you all my Montes and we'll both be happy :D

coventrycat86 said:
Well, my point is that they are different sizes/vitolas by approximately the same proportions as the differences between a Corona Gorda & a Julieta so I don't think they should be lumped together for comparison purposes ;)

Minuto is one of my favorite vitolas and perlas is one of my least favorite. To me a 4 x 40 is significantly smaller than a 4 3/8 x 42. I'm also not a fan of the Franciscanos vitola either.
[snapback]150200[/snapback]​
You just like typing "vitola". You are soooooo gay.

NA