• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most overrated cigar

J Lew

taste like chicken
We had a thead for your least favorite. Now most overrated.
Which one(s) do you say? Does not have to be a dog rocket just overrated.

Of cource I'll go first,

This will piss some off but it is....................

The Onyx Reserve

Yeah its a good smoke but recieving over 90 from CA is a joke. Imho

The 2 most overated cigars i know of are the Connie's and the JR Alt's. OF course i have never seen them acuatally rated in CA or Smoke Mag or anything else. But every BB i go to ,except CF, everyone has great thing to say about them. I have had nothing but problems with these 2 cigars. Everything from them being plugged to them taste like sh#$. :angry: :angry:

I dont know if the Connies are "overrated". Most guys onthis site like em' for a yard stick. At less than a buck a piece you really cant go wrong. Never had one plug on me. :D

Never had a Connie plug on me. It was the Alt's that plugged. I bought a bundle of ??? (don't remeber) but they were Robusto sized. I have not smoked one yet that i didn't either have to ream it out w/ a poker or massage it. None of them have been worth a crap.

The last connie i had tasted like dirt (literally). As soon as i put it in my mouth to lit it up, it tasted like someone had dropped on the ground. So thinking that i brushed it off and kept smokng. It never improved and i tossed it shortly there after. I have one left that i decided to try this after noon. It has been i my coolerdor for about 10 months. Maybe it won't be too bad. ???

Wake Up!!! The most overrated cigar is the Opus X. People act like there the cigar of gods. Actually anything by Fuente is probably on any overrated list, just do to their marketing strategy. I'm not saying these aren't good cigars or overall a good product, but the hype alone causes them to be overrated. Nothing can live up to that kind of hype.

In reference to CA ratings...it's pointless...those pricks don't know squat. It's all about advertising dollars.

What!!! CA is not to be trusted for unbiased reviews?!?! :sign: :sign: :sign:

Anybody happen to see MIBII yet? The worm guys were smokin another one...Cohiba.

I would agree with you Beast,in regards to Opus, that the cigars are overrated and over priced. But, as to being overrated as far as a number in a magazine, I feel they fall in line with the numbers. They rate high most of the time, but they are very consistent cigars, in flavor and construction and provide a unique smoking experience. The same is true for Cohibas, though a bit less in the consistent department , but getting better. If we are talking over-hyped, as opposed to over-rated, I think almost any new cigar that comes onto the market is over-hyped. The new Havana ELs are a prime example. But, that is marketing and it's what sells cigars and makes the dinero.

I wouldn't even think of buying a Macanudo since they are so popular and I would never spend the money on a Cohiba or Opus. I mean at some point you just gotta say, it ain't tha much better than the one that is half the price.

I have been a big Boli fan for a long time but the last couple of boxes of Bolivars (ISOM) I have had just weren't that much better than mid priced DR. Same goes for St Luis Rey (ISOM) Lonsdales(?).

I will still enjoy forbidden fruit but I don't buy as many as before. I can buy non ISOM and enjoy some good quality smokes more often. For the last couple of years the Hondurans and a few DR have been my fav daily smokes.

When I lived in Europe (moved back 2 months ago) I could smoke anything and go to the local tabak stand down the street to get them. It was about 50/50 whether it would be an ISOM or not.