• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving and Cigars

Pompous Pugs

Hey folks:

Here is the delimma. My family and I are moving out of our student housing at the end of this month, but heading to my folks place as we look for a job. Most of stuff is going in one of those PODS--so I know the cigars cannot go in there.

I figure I will have to temporarily store them (3-4 months) in a rubbermaid burp container.
This is the one I have used for short trips, would you recommend these for a longer period?
rubbermaid_oil_container_5188.jpg

I have been using vipers beads in my humidor, but was considering using one of those pillows in the rubbermaid container.

We are only talking about 40 cigars, so the 150 count humidor is too large to pack in my suitcase.

Any suggestions? Minus the obvious "I'll keep them safe for you...chuckle, chuckle."
~Sudden question, how damaging is it to the humidor to be stored in a climate control POD for a few months?
This is the humi I have:
QUALITY-HUMIDOR-EXOTIC-CIGAR-HUMIDORS-450.jpg

Why not just mail the humidor to your parents house? That way when you get there, you can just put the cigars back in it, instead of having it sit in a POD for months. It would only cost $20 or so to mail it I would think.

Edit for spelling,

Those tupperdors seal pretty well, and as long as you have beads in there and keep a good eye on them you should be fine. The seal might not be as good as a real humidor, but it should be good enough to hold the right humidity. It just might leak a little faster than your humi, so you'll have to recharge your beads more often, hence keeping a close eye on them.

As far as the PODS storage goes, chances are the temps will rage in there, which is why they don't suggest storing things like candles. If you do store your humidor in there, just remember that you'll have to charge it again once you get it out of storage.

Back