• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving overseas with my humi...

Ultima83

Reaction score
Hey guys. I had a question as to what would be the safest way to get my 150 ct. humi back to the states from Hawaii. I honestly don't want to put it in the mail, no matter how much I paid FEDEX or someone like that. I would rather carry it on the plane with me, but I'm not sure as to any types of restrictions or anything for that matter. The dimensions for the humi are as follows: 15 3/4” W x 10 3/4” D x 8 1/2” H. Also, if I was able to carry them on the plane with me, should I remove the labels from my "special" sticks? :cool: I read mixed reviews as to whether or not I should in various posts. I would hate for some over-zealous bag checker to spoil my day. :angry: I apologize if this question has been asked here before already. I have a horrible internet connection on my ship at times, and today happens to be one of those days...so I couldn't check the entire forum for my answer. :( Thanks for any advice ahead of time. It's still going to be a while before I get back to Pearl, but this question has been bugging me ever since I came up with it a couple weeks ago. Take it easy guys.

Ahh, yes. I would like to retract this post after finding this post by Moki:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-625 (Sorry. I don't know how to post links. :()

Unless anyone has any suggestions as to a way to take the entire thing with me, I'll just follow this. It sounds pretty good. As I said yesterday, I apologize for the post when the info was on the forum already. We were having crappy bandwidth issues. Lol, we have a 128K connection with a satellite out here that gets split up 4 ways. And the way that gets the normal internet for the crew, is only like 25% I think. Imagine having to share 32K with 300 other people at the same time. Ugh...it's horrid. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of torture. Lol.

You won't be going through customs so I would think you have little to worry about "special" cigars. The chances of a bag checker knowing the difference between a cuban cigar and a Dominican are highly unlikely. Cigars are not forbidden as a carry on item so you most definintly can carry them on without a problem. Removing the bands won't hurt anything so if it makes you more comfortable do it and pack the labels in your checked suitcase.

If it was me...... the size humidor you described sounds like a typical desktop size that will easily fit into a carry on bag. Take all of your cigars and place them in cigar boxes and pack any left over space in the boxes with bubble wrap to keep the cigars from being able to move. The key is to pack them tight but don't smash them. Secure the cigar boxes with tape to keep them closed. Place the humidor and the cigars in a carry on bag. DO NOT CHECK THIS BAG. The inside of the plane is pressurized and you will not have problems traveling with them but if you check them they will be in an unpressurized cargo hull and your cigars will be pipe tobacco when you land.

Pack them well so they can't move around and carry them on the plane with your carry on and you'll be fine.

Thanks allofus. That sounds perfect. I'll just do that since it sounds easy as pie. :) I didn't know that about how if you check them they'll be in bad shape when you land though. Great tip. ;)