• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving to Ft. Drum

Get in, Strap in, STFU and Don't Touch Nothin!
So today I check my AKO and see I got orders for Ft. Drum, NY. Doesn't bother me because it is somewhere new and very outdoors oriented which I like. Just wondering if anyone was from the area and could give me any advice on good areas to live, what there is to do and of course if there are any good cigar shops in the area. Any other advice you think would come in handy would be great also. Smoke on :thumbs:

Buy a snowblower!

I got nothing, really... have a safe move when the time comes. :)

Not a lot up in that area from what I hear. Shoot me a PM, and I'll get you in contact with a couple people I that should have some good info. One was stationed there last year, and one is there now.

~Anthony

I've been there a few times and there really isn't much going on. Canada is nice and they have a few good restaurants but a metropolis it ain't.

Just as Ray says, there isn't much around but you are close to Canada. If you don't already have one, get your Passport asap. We here at West Point are about 5 hours away from Ft. Drum and you may want to attend next year's "Quad State Herf V" as it's been called one of the biggest herfs on the East Coast........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fort+Drum&1s=NY&1y=US&1l=44.05341&1g=-75.773788&1v=CITY&2z=10996

Watertown would be your best option. It's the biggest town and you won't have a problem commuting. I lived in Watertown for about 4 years and my wife worked at the PX on base and there are plenty of housing available as well. Try not to get suckered into housing in places like Carthage, Lowville and other rinky-dink towns. Watertown is where all the stores and other amenities are. There's a mall with a Best Buy, because a mall with no Best Buy is no mall at all. Send me a PM for more info

My friend is stationed there but he's downrange ATM, if he wasn't, I'd have him give you a holler.

He comes from that area (Constableville) so he likes it. He did tell me he'd rather be back in Germany though.

My friend is stationed there but he's downrange ATM, if he wasn't, I'd have him give you a holler.

He comes from that area (Constableville) so he likes it. He did tell me he'd rather be back in Germany though.

It's either because of the weather or the women.

It's either because of the weather or the women.

Na in Germany he was a K-9 team leader, at Drum hes a line MP Section chief. He'd rather be working dogs again.

Na in Germany he was a K-9 team leader, at Drum hes a line MP Section chief. He'd rather be working dogs again.

Aah, I see. So it's the weather because there are plenty of dogs in Watertown :laugh:

Just as Ray says, there isn't much around but you are close to Canada. If you don't already have one, get your Passport asap. We here at West Point are about 5 hours away from Ft. Drum and you may want to attend next year's "Quad State Herf V" as it's been called one of the biggest herfs on the East Coast........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fort+Drum&1s=NY&1y=US&1l=44.05341&1g=-75.773788&1v=CITY&2z=10996

When is this herf that you speak of? :D :whistling:

This year's was around February. Search the Herf threads for the Quad State Herf. There are some pictures also

This year's was around February. Search the Herf threads for the Quad State Herf. There are some pictures also

I'll check it out. I know I'll still be in Bragg during Feb.

It's going to be hard going from Knees in the Breeze down to leg land.... :sign:

It's going to be hard going from Knees in the Breeze down to leg land.... :sign:

Awwwww.. no more jumpin? No more maroon beret???

You'll be fine. Its much easier keeping two feet on the ground :thumbs:

Awwwww.. no more jumpin? No more maroon beret???

You'll be fine. Its much easier keeping two feet on the ground :thumbs:

Hey hey hey. I've never even donned a black beret. All I've ever known is the maroon beret and double Aces. It's ok. Somebody has to square away 10th Mountain :whistling: :D :sign:
AIRBORNE

I went to Ft Drum for cold weather training before we deployed to Norway for 2 months. Cold but nice a very nice area.