• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moving to Los Alamos, NM any advice or BOTL in the area?

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
Moving to Los Alamos , hopefully in about a month...

Any BOTL in the area?

Any tips, tricks, etc. On the area...

ilikefishes said:
Yes, don't go to Espanola on a Friday evening.
Yes, I was kind of excited when I was looking at home prices, until I started reading news about the area.... It appears to be a less than desirable area. I'll likely try to stay in the Los Alamos area, I don't really want to commute from Santa Fe...

Yeah, it is pretty though. And a ton to do outdoors. What do you like to do for recreation? Maybe I can give you some tips.

ilikefishes said:
Yeah, it is pretty though. And a ton to do outdoors. What do you like to do for recreation? Maybe I can give you some tips.
Scow board, ski, downhill mtb., off-roading, enduro riding, fishing, hiking, ww kayaking, etc... Not much I can't do....

I need to pick up:
Jeep
Snowmobile
Downhill MTB
KTM 500exc

Lol... Going to need to build a garage for the toys...

How is the duck hunting and goose hunting around Los Alamos?

Edit to add, it doesn't look that far from Kansas.  Only about 9.5 hours to Witchita, where do you normally hunt in KS?

Was stationed in Albuquerque, it's grown since then. Check out Santa Fe and blue tortillas, Carlsbad is awesome if you want to see a killer cave. Easy but boring drive to Durango, and Purgatory is just up the road from there.

golfgar said:
How is the duck hunting and goose hunting around Los Alamos?

Edit to add, it doesn't look that far from Kansas.  Only about 9.5 hours to Witchita, where do you normally hunt in KS?
https://www.facebook.com/WaterfowlWonder

I hunt with a young man running the guide service above in Burlington, Ks... Phenomenal hunts....

Burlington is about a 1.5 hours northwest of Wichita....

I'm not sure of the waterfowl hunting.... Lots, lots of Elk hunting though..
Pugman1943 said:
Was stationed in Albuquerque, it's grown since then. Check out Santa Fe and blue tortillas, Carlsbad is awesome if you want to see a killer cave. Easy but boring drive to Durango, and Purgatory is just up the road from there.
Yes, I lived in Colorado for about a year and never got to Durango, on the radar now for sure...

For outdoors stuff, you're set.

Not sure on the B&M situation in LA/SF, but if you find yourself in the ABQ area, Monte's is great.

Hey if you shoot an elk I volunteer to help you eat it!

Lotsa history there...get the right badges through the proper doors...;)