• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MSRP for Opus X

Joe

Can someone tell me what the MSRP is for the Opus X line. Just wondering how bad I got hosed on my recent purchase.

Thanks

Thanks

I would have been better off not knowing. Paid a little more than double.

Did you buy online? You'll always get severely hosed that way.

Joe said:
Thanks

I would have been better off not knowing. Paid a little more than double.
I just got back from Florida.

MSRP on the Robusto is $10.50 (thanks for the link shadow)

Sosa's at DownTown Disney (Orlando) is $17.50

Cigarz at Universal City Walk (Orlando) is $15.50

Macabi's on Los Olas in Ft. Lauderdale had 'em for $12.00

I bought the last 5 in Sosa's and wanted the box. They wouldn't part with it. Said it was some marketing agreement with the Fuentes. But he did show me a couple of plain cedar boxes the OPUS X are shipped in. They just refill the show boxes from the generic shipping boxes. I would have liked the OPUS X box. Oh well. Yet more OPUS x hype I guess.

M. Gipson

Hmm. I'm not sure I believe that. I recently purchased the last few Opus out of a box and was given the box. When I bought Anejos recently I saw the boxes unsealed, so those definitely came in the fancy box. Unless it's something new..

other1 said:
Hmm. I'm not sure I believe that. I recently purchased the last few Opus out of a box and was given the box. When I bought Anejos recently I saw the boxes unsealed, so those definitely came in the fancy box. Unless it's something new..
Yep. That's what the guy said, and I did see the boxes. They were hot iron stenciled:

FUENTE FUENTE OPUS X ROBUSTO

SHIPPING ONLY

NOT FOR DISPLAY

I just chaulked it up to the hype. After I told him I lived in California he startd the lecture on how OPUS X is a limited product and only authorized dealers and only available on the Eastern Seaboard...........I told him to save it and just ring them up. I was two more words away from vommiting on his counter. He was just gushing with OPUS Xisms. I would have just walked out and went back to Cigarz at Universal City Walk, but I promised my buddy back at home I would ship them overnight that day so he could get them for a tee time with a huge client of his (It was already almost 4PM).

I smoked one of them and have had a couple in the past. They are exceptional smokes, but I'm still not sold on the OPUS Xism that goes along with them. I picked up a Davidoff Millenium Blend Robusto ($13.50) and a Maximus Diamond Crown Robusto #5 ($10.00) at Cigarz, and a couple of beers too! Both smokes, I think very reasonable. We'll see how they are.

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
I just chaulked it up to the hype.
Such is the greatness of Fuente's Marketing! Love 'em or hate 'em, you HAVE to admire the marketing genius!

Bah. If he really is an authorized Opus X retailer then he should know he isn't allowed to mark them up that much.

Thats sucks about the boxes. I always like to snag one of the nice ones when I can. I have a PAM box and an Opus box in my humidor that I put all my PAMs and Opii in respectively. Both gotten for free from a local retailer when I bought what was left in the box.

gawntrail said:
I picked up a Davidoff Millenium Blend Robusto ($13.50) and a Maximus Diamond Crown Robusto #5 ($10.00) at Cigarz, and a couple of beers too! Both smokes, I think very reasonable. We'll see how they are.
I'm a big fan of the DCMs. Unfortunately they seem to be almost on par with Opus for price and scarcity.

Had my first Davidoff Millenium blend recently. Wasn't impressed.

gawntrail said:
FUENTE FUENTE OPUS X ROBUSTO

SHIPPING ONLY

NOT FOR DISPLAY

I just chaulked it up to the hype.
No, the deal is that Fuente retailers can sell the regular boxes just fine -- but those special shipping-only boxes, they are not allowed to sell. No hype, Fuente just doesn't want the public having ugly boxes.