• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Multi Round Pass?

Puro Man

I am pretty new to the wonders of the cigar pass, so this just may be a dumb question but, why is the cigar pass just one time around? It seems to me that if it went around a few times, the variety of cigars would increase and people could try even more than when it went around to them the first time? So...does a multi round pass sound good? I'm thinking like 10 or less people and the pass going around 2 or 3 times. Please let me know why this would or wouldn't work and if it sounds fun! Thanks!

I always value your opinion Sam The Man. If constructed well though, the tupperware container should keep the cigars in good shape, right? I mean, a little foam, a little ceader wood...I don't know maybe it's a bad idea. What about less people then, say 6 or 7 good passers? Ship the cigars the day after you get them MAX. Having it go around twice with 7 is still better variety than one time around with 10. Sugestions, comments?

Ditto, With one addition , Its summer and the same cigars in the same tuppador could end up getting a bit to much heat. IMHO the best way to do a continual pass may be to have each passer remove all the cigars that come in the pass and replace them with all new ones.anyway it's just an idea.

OK Ill start it with 70 boxes and then the next guy takes all of them and replaces them with 70 new boxes!! LOL Just kidding. I like the idea though.

A couple of years ago I was in a "Dixie Cigar Pass". Seriously. This went around once. Everyone enjoyed it and it went around again a few weeks later. Third time was about 3 months after that. Twelve participants.
Peter

Hi Puro,Sounds like a good idea. I think we had a couple cigar passes here go around more than once. I would say start with only 7 or less participants. Unfortunately, you can't trust our Postal Service too well. They have lost passes in the past. Make sure you make everyone participant get a tracking number, VERY IMPORTANT.Make sure you set firm rules if you plan on having your pass out there for awhile. For instance, turn around time no longer than 2 days. Stuff like that.Hope this helps,Rod

By the way, I moved this topic to this forum (general chat). This is a more appropriate place -- the open cigar pass forum is just for passes only. Thanks :)

we also had 2 double passes, where 2 boxes circulated around the same group at the same time. however, those both ended tragically with 3 out of the 4 boxes getting lost (ok, stolen is more like it). in a way, cigar passing is like russian roulette, the more players and the more it goes around, the more likely something will go wrong.