• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Murcielago Robusto

elderboy02

Date: 10/10/09

Cigar: Murcielago Robusto (5.25 x 52)

Drink: Coke

The name, Murcielago, Spanish for "Bat," came about when Ortega and Espinosa were on a visit to Mexico, and were taken to see caves, literally, filled with bats.

Appearance: This cigar has a jet black Mexican maduro wrapper on it. There were no veins showing. The cigar is box pressed. I love the band on the cigar. The appearance gets a 10/10

100_1965.jpg

100_1966.jpg

Pre-Light: It has a dark and rich flavor to it that I can't describe. Maybe bitter cocoa?

Construction: Held a decent sized ash. The draw was perfect. The cigar required only one touchup. That says something, b/c I usually touch up a lot because I like a perfect burning cigar.

Taste of the cigar: This cigar has a dark chocolate and cocoa flavor to it. There was also a couple parts where I got some sort of minty flavor.

100_1968.jpg

100_1969_00.jpg

Strength: This is a medium-full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar is very, very good. I did a box split with another brother and I am glad I did. I definitely recommend that you give this cigar a try. I give it a 8.5/10.

Thanks for the review and the pics. This is one I will have to try. I assume this is an E.O./Pepin collaborative effort.

Thanks for the review and the pics. This is one I will have to try. I assume this is an E.O./Pepin collaborative effort.

Yes sir!

I had the Rothschild size the other day and it was just as tasty! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I had one of these when they first came out. I thought it was ok. Not very dimensional. It just had a slightly sweet, spicey flavor and not much else. It may have needed more time to rest to bring some more flavors out. It wasn't a bad cigar, but just that I didn't fall in love with.

I had one of these when they first came out. I thought it was ok. Not very dimensional. It just had a slightly sweet, spicey flavor and not much else. It may have needed more time to rest to bring some more flavors out. It wasn't a bad cigar, but just that I didn't fall in love with.

I had one the other day and they have greatly improved since they were first released. I would give it a 9.5 now, compared to the 8.5 I gave it when I did this review.