• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Music Help

ParaGod

Semper Fi
Reaction score
I found this song, on the web, now I want to find more from the singer, the name I got is
"Bruddah IZ" he plays ukulele, so has anybody heard of him.

Hey PG. Isn't that WakMang or something like that? From the islands?

:sign:

He was from the Islands. Unfortunately, he passed away 6-26-97. Here's the first link I found with recordings available.

Bruddah Iz aka Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. A gentle giant and very popular local musician. He was loved by everyone in the islands and his music will live forever. He was so loved and respected that when he past away his body was on display for everyone to pay their final respects at our State Capitol Building.... an honor which was bestowed to only a handful of others... mainly former governors or very influential people.

It was sad that what made him so lovable also caused his early passing... his enormous size. In fact, his older brother Skippy was also huge, a great musician along with Iz in the group, The Makaha Sons and Skippy also died young due to his size. It was said that when Skippy passed away he weighted about 900 pounds and was buried in a coffin the size of a piano.

His version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" has become huge now that it's been featured in a movie and on an Amazon.com promotion. It's just too bad that Iz's talent wasn't realized until after his passing. Aloha Bruddah Iz... you are missed!

Aloha,

Wade

Oh, I thought you guys were kidding and secretly asking about brother wade.

One never knows.

Sorry. ???

Cool thanks guys, I knew I recognized the voice, but I just couldn't place it. I am going to get some of his music. :thumbs:

It is always the same, the good ones seem to always die early in life. :(

I love IZ!!! I was so sad when he passed on. His voice is one of the most beautiful singing voices I've ever heard. Everyone should check his music out. "Alone in IZ World" is a great place to start.

I have been listening to his song, "Somewhere over the rainbow". Man he had an awesome voice, I was amazed when I saw a picture of him, such a gentle voice, and what range. Damn what a shame. :(